Boyle's Zach Hester Commits to the Naval Academy

Hatz

Really terrific for Zach. Hard to believe he's already a senior. I remember well when his father coached at Garrard County and he was just a little boy. You could always tell he'd be a great football player and he certainly has been just that.

Congratulations to Zach! Seems only yesterday his dad and I were shaking hands at the coin toss, getting ready to open the 82 season in Lancaster. Can't believe Jeff has a son this old! Zach is a super young man and outstanding football player. The future looks bright in the USA if we can get guys like Zach Hester leading our nation! But, I guess he will have to learn to like, "Anchors Aweigh." Might be tough to do for a Boyle County Rebel!!

Congratulations to Zach! Seems only yesterday his dad and I were shaking hands at the coin toss, getting ready to open the 82 season in Lancaster. Can't believe Jeff has a son this old! Zach is a super young man and outstanding football player. The future looks bright in the USA if we can get guys like Zach Hester leading our nation! But, I guess he will have to learn to like, "Anchors Aweigh." Might be tough to do for a Boyle County Rebel!!

Yeah, the two fight songs really don't jive. :thumb:

Congratulations to Zach! Seems only yesterday his dad and I were shaking hands at the coin toss, getting ready to open the 82 season in Lancaster. Can't believe Jeff has a son this old!

And you guys lost that game didn't you Chief?!

In all seriousness, Zach comes from very good stock. His father Jeff, current defensive coordinator at Boyle County, was a star player at Garrard County in the early 80s and went on to have a very good career at Morehead State. He was an assistant and head coach at Garrard before moving over to Boyle. He and his wife both taught at Garrard when I went to school and I think very highly of both of them. Getting an appointment to the Naval Academy is a great honor for anyone and it's especially exciting for a Kentucky high school footballer.