Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pike made the final Elite 11 group

Featured Replies

The 2011 Elite 11 had a different twist, which I liked. Twenty some QB's were invited to California, and then they competed over a 5 day period for the final "Elite 11" spots. Sounds like Zeke Pike had a rough first day or two, but then really shot up in the ranks days 3,4 & 5. Here are the Elite 11:

 

Jameis Winston (Not Committed)

Neal Burcham (Not Committed

Tanner Mangum (BYU)

Jeff Lindquist (Washington)

Chad Voytik (Not Committed)

Zach Kline (California)

Shane Dillon (Colorado)

Chad Kelly (Clemson)

Zeke Pike (Auburn)

Bart Houston (Wisconsin)

Austin Appleby (Purdue)

 

Congratulaions Zeke!

Congratulations to Zeke Pike!!!! I am always proud to see Kentucky talent shining on a national level. Congrats to him and to Towles as well for being great representatives for our state. I am proud of both of them.

One of the 11 best high school QB's in the nation. One heck of an accomplishment. Perfect in passing completions in the 7 on 7's. That highly competitive nature served him well in this competition. Congrats to Zeke!!

Wow! Fantastic, congrats Zeke.

 

2011 is going to be a fun year for KY high school football.

One of the 11 best high school QB's in the nation. One heck of an accomplishment. Perfect in passing completions in the 7 on 7's. That highly competitive nature served him well in this competition. Congrats to Zeke!!

 

Congrats to Zeke at Elite 11. Did the Elite 11 competition have 7 on 7?

Congrats to Zeke at Elite 11. Did the Elite 11 competition have 7 on 7?

 

Yes..

Congrats to Zeke at Elite 11. Did the Elite 11 competition have 7 on 7?

 

I believe the summary I read said Pike went 18-18 in the 7 on 7 competitions.

This is a huge huge honor and achievement. Zeke is the first quarterback from Kentucky to ever win this! It will air on ESPN as a part of the "year of the quarterback"

 

Congrats Zeke

I believe the summary I read said Pike went 18-18 in the 7 on 7 competitions.

 

That's impressive! How did Towles do in the 7 on 7 competition?

That's impressive! How did Towles do in the 7 on 7 competition?

 

Very well from what I recall. I believe he only threw a very few number of incompletions and they said the 7 on 7's were a strong part of his performance.

Very well from what I recall. I believe he only threw a very few number of incompletions and they said the 7 on 7's were a strong part of his performance.

 

Great news for both young men! Any chance the head to head game on 9/1 will be televised?

That's impressive! How did Towles do in the 7 on 7 competition?

 

Pike was 8th and Towles was 13th out of 24 participants in the Elite 11...

Nice showing for both. Sounds like Pike has really proven his worth on the national level. Any word on his defensive load for this season?

I think last year NKY probably had the best quarterbacks in one area than any other state.

Neal Burcham (Not Committed

 

Made final 11. Has one D1 offer from Central Arkansas.

 

On the other hand, the kid many consider the #1 qb in the country, Gunner Kiel, did not make the final 11.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.