Highlands 2011/2012

Since they were played same day and same place, this might be reduced as "one" scrimmage. Kinda like they do tournaments. I'm not positive though. I would assume the powers that be at Highlands (or any school for that matter) would know what they were doing when scheduling scrimmages and games.

I believe that when the scrimmage is held at one site, regardless of how many teams, the time limit kicks in. Thus, same site, "one" scrimmage as long as they stay within the time limit. So, today, counted as "one" scrimmage although they played 2 teams.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that when the scrimmage is held at one site, regardless of how many teams, the time limit kicks in. Thus, same site, "one" scrimmage as long as they stay within the time limit. So, today, counted as "one" scrimmage although they played 2 teams.

If I would of read the bylaws a little bit more, I would of seen that a "scrimmage" is defined as a 3 hour time limit and your varsity/jv/freshman can play as much as they want within that 3 hr limit and count as 1 scrimmage. Good luck Birds.

Making it to Rupp requires a particular dedication from all kids in the program and I'm not seeing it from a few especially when you have some kids who started 8-10 games and others who are projected to help not even show up for 1 freaking summer game. Pathetic IMO and I just hope the kids who did show and work hard are rewarded win or lose. I'm sure the excuses will be in full force but they played 18-19 games over 3 weekends against solid competition. Could they possibly be tied up that much to where they couldnt play atleast a few games? You can't expect to pick a ball up for the first time on dec 10th and be effective, much less beat the Dixies, Boones and CovCaths earning the right to represent the 9th.I know that sounded negative but they have some nice athletes who can get after it and if they play as a team they could knock off some top teams. I think what is important is the style they play. Personally I'd like to see Coach Flynn go back to his Bulldog style of play and wheel 8-9 kids in and out pressing, attacking and creating havoc. Good Luck Birds

Not to forget the likes of Holmes, NewCath and Ryle.....

Do you think Highlands has the depth to play the "Bulldog style" this year? Just asking the question.

Making it to Rupp requires a particular dedication from all kids in the program and I'm not seeing it from a few especially when you have some kids who started 8-10 games and others who are projected to help not even show up for 1 freaking summer game. Pathetic IMO and I just hope the kids who did show and work hard are rewarded win or lose. I'm sure the excuses will be in full force but they played 18-19 games over 3 weekends against solid competition. Could they possibly be tied up that much to where they couldnt play atleast a few games? You can't expect to pick a ball up for the first time on dec 10th and be effective, much less beat the Dixies, Boones and CovCaths earning the right to represent the 9th.

I know that sounded negative but they have some nice athletes who can get after it and if they play as a team they could knock off some top teams. I think what is important is the style they play. Personally I'd like to see Coach Flynn go back to his Bulldog style of play and wheel 8-9 kids in and out pressing, attacking and creating havoc. Good Luck Birds

Do you think Highlands has the depth and personelle to play that "Bulldog style" this year? Just asking the question.

Do you think Highlands has the depth and personelle to play that "Bulldog style" this year? Just asking the question.

Yes, definitely. They have several athletes who can play Varsity ball. This summer was a preview of what they plan to do. He was wheeling 8-10 kids in and out every 2 minutes. There are no Superstuds on this team, no deadeye shooters but there is depth. They play well as a team and get after it. If they can become ferocious defenders on the press and win the rebounding game they will be fine.

I think Holmes will be right up there as well as NCC. From what I hear, NCC is going to run and gun a little more this year as well. They dont have the size they had last year outside of Schulte and he is athletic enough to run the floor. Ryle, not sure who they have outside of Mullins and Mays the two guards. They wil miss Stauffer in the middle for sure.

Yes, definitely. They have several athletes who can play Varsity ball. This summer was a preview of what they plan to do. He was wheeling 8-10 kids in and out every 2 minutes. There are no Superstuds on this team, no deadeye shooters but there is depth. They play well as a team and get after it. If they can become ferocious defenders on the press and win the rebounding game they will be fine.

I think Holmes will be right up there as well as NCC. From what I hear, NCC is going to run and gun a little more this year as well. They dont have the size they had last year outside of Schulte and he is athletic enough to run the floor. Ryle, not sure who they have outside of Mullins and Mays the two guards. They wil miss Stauffer in the middle for sure.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing them play as well as the other teams mentioned in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

This is likely the unofficial JV/Varsity roster for the season and what you will see the Birds bring out on Friday night. I would imagine the Footballers will play sparingly but nice to have the full compliment back. Should be a lot of fun watching these athletes run the floor this year.

Carter New 5'10 180 Sr PG

Patrick Towles 6'5 225 Sr F/C

Samson Lewis 6'1 165 Sr 2G

Bailey Witte 6'2 175 Jr 2G/SF

Luke Turner 6'2 160 Jr 2G/SF

Zac Carter 6'1 165 Jr SF

Karl Hinkel 5'9 150 Jr PG

Jake Gronotte 6'3 180 Jr PF

Nick True 6'6 235 Soph PF/C

Seth Hope 6'2 195 Soph PF

Drew Houliston 6'0 165 Soph 2G

Brendan Buten 5'6 150 Soph PG

Zach Harris 5'10 195 Soph 2G/PF

Brandon Hergott 6'0 165 Soph SF

Luke Brockett 5'9 145 Soph 2G

Ryan Greene 5'11 145 Soph 2G/SF

Alex Shepherd 6'0 160 Soph SF

Kyle Rheule 5'10 150 Soph 2G

I would also imagine a few Frosh will dress JV to start the season out and may play both Frosh/ JV the rest of the year. The likely players are Jensen Feggins 6'3 185 PF/C, Lane Herrett 5'10 150 2G and Justin Weyer 5'10 150 2G.

This is likely the unofficial JV/Varsity roster for the season and what you will see the Birds bring out on Friday night. I would imagine the Footballers will play sparingly but nice to have the full compliment back. Should be a lot of fun watching these athletes run the floor this year.

Zac Carter 6'1 165 Jr SF

I would also imagine a few Frosh will dress JV to start the season out and may play both Frosh/ JV the rest of the year. The likely players are Jensen Feggins 6'3 185 PF/C, Lane Herrett 5'10 150 2G and Justin Weyer 5'10 150 2G.

What kids from above will be strictly Varsity and which will be strictly JV. See no Collinsworth listed, is that official? Only frosh dressing that I am aware of is Laine Harrett.

What kids from above will be strictly Varsity and which will be strictly JV. See no Collinsworth listed, is that official? Only frosh dressing that I am aware of is Laine Harrett.

No clue, guessing all Jrs and Srs. and some sophs dress varsity. As far as I know Collinsworth is not playing. Not sure on Freshman either. We shall see Friday night.

Zac Carter 6'1 165 Jr SF

Good group of kids. I really like the Greene kid. Nice basketball player and a really solid all around athlete. Great family too.