Highlands 2011/2012

This is likely the unofficial JV/Varsity roster for the season and what you will see the Birds bring out on Friday night. I would imagine the Footballers will play sparingly but nice to have the full compliment back. Should be a lot of fun watching these athletes run the floor this year.

Carter New 5'10 180 Sr PG

Patrick Towles 6'5 225 Sr F/C

Samson Lewis 6'1 165 Sr 2G

Bailey Witte 6'2 175 Jr 2G/SF

Luke Turner 6'2 160 Jr 2G/SF

Zac Carter 6'1 165 Jr SF

Karl Hinkel 5'9 150 Jr PG

Jake Gronotte 6'3 180 Jr PF

Nick True 6'6 235 Soph PF/C

Drew Houliston 6'0 165 Soph 2G

Seth Hope 6'2 195 Soph PF

Brendan Buten 5'6 150 Soph PG

Zach Harris 5'10 195 Soph 2G/PF

Brandon Hergott 6'0 165 Soph SF

Luke Brockett 5'9 145 Soph 2G

Ryan Greene 5'11 145 Soph 2G/SF

Alex Shepherd 6'0 160 Soph SF

Kyle Rheule 5'10 150 Soph 2G

I would also imagine a few Frosh will dress JV to start the season out and may play both Frosh/ JV the rest of the year. The likely players are Jensen Feggins 6'3 185 PF/C, Lane Herrett 5'10 150 2G and Justin Weyer 5'10 150 2G.

First 10 are strictly Varsity for the Birds. There are 4 of the other boys dressing Varsity. I believe its Hergott, Hope, Buten and Greene.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who starts??

I dont know but I am guessing the first few games it will be the guys that have been there since October. I think the coach is going to use December as a measuring tool to run a bunch of combinations in and out and see who fits where the best. I think by January you will see a set rotation of kids that are on the floor together. In this style of play, it wont matter who starts but more importantly who finishes games. Its a lot of subbing in and out due to the pressure defense and running style.

I dont know but I am guessing the first few games it will be the guys that have been there since October. I think the coach is going to use December as a measuring tool to run a bunch of combinations in and out and see who fits where the best. I think by January you will see a set rotation of kids that are on the floor together. In this style of play, it wont matter who starts but more importantly who finishes games. Its a lot of subbing in and out due to the pressure defense and running style.

Birds at St. Henry tomorrow night?

Correct...big class. The style of play will require there to be 10 kids that are strictly Varsity trust me. You should try to catch a game Crunch....much more fun to watch than in years past.

I think I might. The imbalance in class #s has been a constant at HHS, and has yet to work.

I think I might. The imbalance in class #s has been a constant at HHS, and has yet to work.

I think there is a good combination of kids and class sizes. There are a couple Juniors not playing this year who probably could have and then you would have had 3 Sr's, 7 Jrs and 10 Sophs. Instead its still a nice combo with 3, 5 and 10.

I just love the fact that from Frosh to Varsity they are implementing this new style of play. Bottom line is there are really fast kids at Highlands and they are aggressive. You have to go with your strengths.

I think there is a good combination of kids and class sizes. There are a couple Juniors not playing this year who probably could have and then you would have had 3 Sr's, 7 Jrs and 10 Sophs. Instead its still a nice combo with 3, 5 and 10.

I just love the fact that from Frosh to Varsity they are implementing this new style of play. Bottom line is there are really fast kids at Highlands and they are aggressive. You have to go with your strengths.

10's too many in a class unless they plan to trim that back next year. You'd have 10 Jrs and 5 seniors, leaving room for only 3-4 sophs. At least they don't have any classes that are a 0, which they have had in the past. Glad to here that they are playing a more upbeat style. I hated the ground and pound style.