Atlanta Braves Interested in Jonny Gomes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why trade at all??? Does Gomes make the Braves offense better. I doubt it. Prospects are hit and miss an the Braves scout team usually have a good idea on players that will and won't help them in the long run. I'd rather pay a little more and get a better player.

Those guys cost a heck of a lot more, too.

Then why trade at all??? Does Gomes make the Braves offense better. I doubt it. Prospects are hit and miss an the Braves scout team usually have a good idea on players that will and won't help them in the long run. I'd rather pay a little more and get a better player.
The guy can hit a lefty, and you never know when you might need that, especially against a lefty-heavy staff like the Phillies have.

I'm sure everyone is going to take the scraps from the Braves Minor leagues for these guys.

Braves always ALWAYS make a deal that really doesn't help or REFUSE to make THE deal that puts them over the top......this is just stupid.
They tried to make that kind of deal with Mark Teixeira a few years ago, and some Braves fans on here hammered them for it ...

Not really because they tried with Tex and they also did when they got JD Drew for St Louis. Most of the time the Braves are good on making deals but nit always. Plus you don't always have to overpay. I look for the Braves to get a good impact bat. They Have enough prospects to dangle.

Braves always ALWAYS make a deal that really doesn't help or REFUSE to make THE deal that puts them over the top......this is just stupid.

I liked the deal at the time because the Braves were in a position to try and win now. Looking back it was a horrible deal but ya win some ya lose some.

They tried to make that kind of deal with Mark Teixeira a few years ago, and some Braves fans on here hammered them for it ...