Atlanta Braves Interested in Jonny Gomes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does that matter to the Mets? There will be 30 teams that have a chance of signing Beltran over the winter.

Who said it would but it would to the Braves. Don't you think that if the Braves gave something up for him they would like to maybe be able to resign him?

Still, deals get done. The Cubs got Aramis Ramirez from Pittsburgh and unknowingly agreed to trade Josh Hamilton to the Reds. Milwaukee traded Jim Edmonds to the Reds last year for Chris Dickerson.

You are talking Pittsburgh who at the time was a dormat looking for cheap players. As for Hamilton that was a totally different story in Rule 5. He never really played for them and I guess their scouts blew that one altogether. The Reds had no place for Dickerson in their outfield at the time and imo Edmonds was brought in to help in the dugout, pinch hit and give them some veteran leadership A reach maybe but they didn't give up much for him.

You are talking Pittsburgh who at the time was a dormat looking for cheap players. As for Hamilton that was a totally different story in Rule 5. He never really played for them and I guess their scouts blew that one altogether. The Reds had no place for Dickerson in their outfield at the time and imo Edmonds was brought in to help in the dugout, pinch hit and give them some veteran leadership A reach maybe but they didn't give up much for him.
Still, those deals were done within the division.

Who said it would but it would to the Braves. Don't you think that if the Braves gave something up for him they would like to maybe be able to resign him?
Maybe, or they might settle for the draft picks. Heck, they know the risks involved.

Im still trying to figure out how the Braves have no intention of trading for Beltran when MLBTR keeps posting links saying Atlanta is among the front runners :lol:.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta_braves/index.html

Things have changed on the rumors since I posted that link, that's how. They now say that the Braves are the frontrunner. That's why they are called rumors, because until something happens they are just rumors.

Braves need a right handed bat.

They do if they expect to beat the Phillies and their 2 good lefties. I can't remember another recent team with as many lefties in the lineup as they have fielded the last 2 days.

I guess everybody was at the game today because I didn't see anything on here about Bailey's performance. While not pretty I think he gutted it out and made some big pitches with the bases juiced on several occassions. He did get some help defensively also. He didn't have his best stuff but he got the win. Now let's see if they can buck that bad trend of not being able to win 2 in a row.