Pike and Towles both performing well at Elite 11 QB camp

kyvince

Both NKY's qb's are doing very well at the Elite 11 QB camp.

Pike finished yesterday ranked 5th and Towles was ranked 12th out of the 24 QB's at the camp. Both players have been interviewed about the camp, and both come off very impressive in their moments in the sun.

The analysis from the "expert" was really very consistent with what I have seen of the two. He said that Pike was a "gamer" and showed much better in the 7 on 7 competition vs the drills, and that Towles wasn't spectacular in any one thing, but was good in about everything. He was excellent in his check down reads.

It's pretty amazing that both of these QB's from NKY are gaining such national exposure. This type of thing doesn't happen that often in NKY.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pike finished yesterday ranked 5th and Towles was ranked 12th out of the 24 QB's at the camp. Both players have been interviewed about the camp, and both come off very impressive in their moments in the sun.

The analysis from the "expert" was really very consistent with what I have seen of the two. He said that Pike was a "gamer" and showed much better in the 7 on 7 competition vs the drills, and that Towles wasn't spectacular in any one thing, but was good in about everything. He was excellent in his check down reads.

It's pretty amazing that both of these QB's from NKY are gaining such national exposure. This type of thing doesn't happen that often in NKY.

Thanks for the update. That is great to read and congrats to both players on an excellent showing. The comments about both of their results shouldn't be surprsing to anyone who has seen these two play. Best of luck to both. I think there is going to be a show on ESPN from this camp that airs in August. It should be a lot of fun seeing these two on ESPN. Anyone know the details on that?

I was trying to remember if it's ever happened before.

Thanks for the update. That is great to read and congrats to both players on an excellent showing. The comments about both of their results shouldn't be surprsing to anyone who has seen these two play. Best of luck to both. I think there is going to be a show on ESPN from this camp that airs in August. It should be a lot of fun seeing these two on ESPN. Anyone know the details on that?

According to the ESPN Rise web page, two (2) 1-hour features on the Elite 11 will air at 7 p.m. ET Aug. 12 and 19 on ESPN as part of its Year of the Quarterback programming.

Besides Lorenzen, has there ever been another N. Ky. QB that had multiple D1 programs chasing them like this? And this year there are 2!!

NKY D1 QBs (not walk-ons) in the last 20 years? Not D1-AA.

JLo

??

I was thinking about him as well but couldn't remember if he actually had a D1 scholarship. I believe he did. I don't think he was that highly recruited on the D1 level but I believe he did get a D1 scholarship at the end of the process.

Gino is a "yes." Forgot about him having a scholly to UC and had an offer from UK among others.