Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cronin wants to build legacy

Featured Replies

With a 5 year rebuilding process now in the rear view mirror, Cincinnati Bearcats head coach Mick Cronin is ready to tackle the next stage of his career.

 

He has a newly signed 6 year contract extension and a core of experienced and talented returning players that are ready to go from steady improvement to becoming a regular factor in the Big East title chase.

 

The key for Cronin is that his veteran guys now know what it takes to win at a high level, and he is looking to them to develop what he calls a “Standard of Excellence” within the program.

 

He and his staff will no longer have to tell the team what it takes to win big and hope they grasp the magnitude of the task. Now they can look to a season ago and know they have what it takes to get there.

 

“The main thing is in our locker room, that the level of expectations are different now for our returning players,” Cronin said. “First of all they understand what it takes to have a successful season, to get a chance to win a game in the NCAA Tournament, to have success in the Big East Conference. The motivation to get back is there.”

http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Article/Cronin-wants-to-build-legacy-30279

I look for a huge year from UC this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win the Big East.

  • Author
I look for a huge year from UC this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win the Big East.

 

If the depth was a little more seasoned I would agree. With 6 new faces coming in I think they land somewhere between the 3-6 spots in the conference...

If the depth was a little more seasoned I would agree. With 6 new faces coming in I think they land somewhere between the 3-6 spots in the conference...

 

Perhaps. I just think there are some Big East teams who don't lose a lot of numbers, but what they do lose is huge (UCONN & Kemba, UL & Knowles). If I were a coach, I think I'd rather have UC's roster over both of those teams. Perhaps Syracuse is the only roster I'd choose over UC.

I think Cronin is on his way...

Cronin is an excellent basketball coach. I believe that he will have UC as a Big East title contender every year.

Cronin is an excellent basketball coach. I believe that he will have UC as a Big East title contender every year.

 

I agree. And I think it speaks to sticking with a Coach, even when he struggles out of the gate. A lot were calling for Cronin's head, and I admit that I myself questioned whether he would ever be a quality head coach. And while the jury is certainly still out, I think what Cronin has done at UC is very admirable. I mean, the guy started the job essentially with nothing & now has them with a team that could contend for the Big East this year.

I've told several people that UC will win a BEast title within the next 3 years. With the freshman class they have coming in and the future recruits Mick is in with, it's only a matter of time. The foundation has been set.

GT are you alot more sold on Cronin than you were previously? I don't remember you ever being really down on him but I know you mentioned that alot of the UC fans were.

  • Author
GT are you alot more sold on Cronin than you were previously? I don't remember you ever being really down on him but I know you mentioned that alot of the UC fans were.

My stance has never changed. He was the right guy for the job, and brought the program back from the brink the right way...

GT, how solid is the commitment from 2012 6'8 PF Devon Scott? I know there's were some questions a few weeks ago about whether it was official or not?

He still has a chance, he was very bold in his post game comments, if he follows up with it by kicking Gates off the team he will earn a lot of respect. Gates was a punk last year too, but this year is inexcusable.

He still has a chance, he was very bold in his post game comments, if he follows up with it by kicking Gates off the team he will earn a lot of respect. Gates was a punk last year too, but this year is inexcusable.

 

But how will dismissing a couple of players turn into a positive? How will the season turn out if those guys are gone?

But how will dismissing a couple of players turn into a positive? How will the season turn out if those guys are gone?

 

All I know at this point is he and any kid like that cannot wear a uniform that says Cincinnati on it. Regardless if he is from 10 mins down the road of Clifton. He does not represent the "C." Gotta get rid of the that and just go from there. Based upon Cronin's post game speech he was basically saying, he is not going to have the rep and players that Huggy Bear had.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.