Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6

Birdsfan

What happened to X i mean not to take anyhting away from trinity, but i watched X play last week against Warren Central and they looked like they were clicking on every cylinder possible, like I said i am shocked at this outcome not many people got this prediction right tonight.

Congratulations to both teams on making to the championship game and a special congrats to all Trinity fans, coaches, and players on pulling the upset

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What happened to X i mean not to take anyhting away from trinity, but i watched X play last week against Warren Central and they looked like they were clicking on every cylinder possible, like I said i am shocked at this outcome not many people got this prediction right tonight.

Congratulations to both teams on making to the championship game and a special congrats to all Trinity fans, coaches, and players on pulling the upset

X had penalty..... after penalty..... after....well you get the idea. Trinity executed and X did not. Trinity was the better team.

Congratulations to trinity on their victory, as the better team won on this championship night. I thought that this contest would be a nailbiter, but I also thought that it would be decided on the OL and DL. Well it was decided on the lines, and trinity clearly dominated . No team all year has been able to bottle up Vic Anderson and Mike Mattingly the way you did tonight. I was also greatly impressed by the performance of Nick Petrino, who fully deserved the MVP Award. :thumb:

I also want to congratulate the Tigers on a tremendous run to the 4A final. We are still proud of you! :thumb:

Congrats to Trinity on their win tonight. It was a great game to watch. I thought Anderson was going to take it in for a score on fourth down, but a Trinity player came in and put a heck of a hit on him. Did not get the players number on that play, anyone know who it was.

Also liked the bootleg call on third down by Trinity to get the first down and then was able to run out the clock.

Congratulations to trinity on their victory, as the better team won on this championship night. I thought that this contest would be a nailbiter, but I also thought that it would be decided on the OL and DL. Well it was decided on the lines, and trinity clearly dominated . No team all year has been able to bottle up Vic Anderson and Mike Mattingly the way you did tonight. I was also greatly impressed by the performance of Nick Petrino, who fully deserved the MVP Award. :thumb:

I also want to congratulate the Tigers on a tremendous run to the 4A final. We are still proud of you! :thumb:

Classy as always OX...

:thumb: :thumb:

WOW!!! This was such an emotional game for me to watch....as my son wasn't on the field...and this is the last time I'll watch a T/X game and actually know players on the field for both teams. You all played tremendously tonight...Trinity and X. It has been my utmost pleasure to have watched several players on both teams play since their days in Grade school.

X, Great season! You are tremendous competitors and intense players! You have so many things to be proud of in this season!

Rocks.....WOW!!!!! Players, you played way beyond great tonight....there just isn't a word to adequately describe the effort you put forth tonight! Coaches...it's a tough job you have...but you guys showed every game you know how to motivate this team and I am so happy for you guys as well!

To my friends who shared our deluxe accommodations tonight...GREAT time, GREAT TIME! Tootsie...I hope I didn't annoy your friends too much! Deuce, thanks for helping me keep my belongings in my pockets. :D Goherd...glad you found us! :D Bert.....Bert got crazy tonight too! :dancingpa :dancingpa

Hats off to Trinity from Nashville - impressive win. Enjoy.

Looking forward to face the defending KY 4A champs in 2006! Playing the best other states have to offer certainly prepares you for the rest of the season.

Thanks RRR...And we look forward to playing you as well! MBA has become my 2nd favorite game of the year...2nd ONLY to the Trinity/St. X game! :banana:

Congrats to both X and ROCKS for completing super seasons and an extremely close and exciting championship game. It was especially rewarding to the ROCKS since they were so thoroughly thrashed by the defending state champs in September. Since my son is a senior this year and I was able to share his coming home celebration at school this afternoon after his Senior Retreat, it was a Fantastic way to end the day. I took both of my sons to the game and although they went their separate ways when we got there, attending a T vs. X game, especially for the State Championship is priceless!!

A special congrats to the ROCKS' defense and to the guys I know very well-- Chris Wood and Elliott Deweese....way to ROCK THEM!! GO ROCKS!! #16!! :thumb: :dancingpa

Great game. Glaser said after the game he thought the overturned INT because of the roughing the passer call really took the wind out of X's sails. It was huge, no doubt.

But I also think a big key was the points X left out on the field in the 1st quarter. The blocked XP, then missing the field goal after it appeared they would drive in and go up 13-0, really hurt X.

I went back and forth between the two sidelines, and I got a general feeling of shock from the X crowd -- it seemed they expected to roll again -- and when T stuck around and kept making stops, that feeling of shock also hit the X sideline. Some of the players after the game admitted as much.

Anybody catch an attendance figure? Seemed like it was short of 20K, but that's just a guess on my part.

What a game!!! You could tell Trinity wanted this game from the beginning. Their defense was nothing short of phenomenal; they stepped up several times on big plays...The biggest of course being the 4th down on the goal line with 2:00 minutes to go. Nick Petrino had a very good game also. His touchdown run was the difference.

Just wanted to say congrats to RockPride, rockmom, and TonyDanza, and Bert. :ylsuper: Also, it was very nice to meet Bert, Watusi, and goherd.

Got a chance to meet Guru and TonyDanza, but didn't get to meet any of the other attendees. Hope I get that chance tomorrow.