What does this 2011 Red's team need more than anything else?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22nd in average...

19th in OBP...

It's all about runs. If you score runs that is the most important thing. Obviously that depends a lot on the guys behind you. I think LF and SS are much much more concern than leadoff.

Times on base, as leadoff hitter (Hits+walks)

112 Jose Reyes

100 Rickie Weeks

99 Drew Stubbs

93 Michael Bourn

92 Denard Span

91 Jacoby Ellsbury

89 Ichiro Suzuki

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1P4jNnJGT

22nd in average...

19th in OBP...

It's all about runs. If you score runs that is the most important thing. Obviously that depends a lot on the guys behind you. I think LF and SS are much much more concern than leadoff.

Times on base, as leadoff hitter (Hits+walks)

112 Jose Reyes

100 Rickie Weeks

99 Drew Stubbs

93 Michael Bourn

92 Denard Span

91 Jacoby Ellsbury

89 Ichiro Suzuki

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1P4jNnJGT

I agree witch is why ill take an improvement in power and rbis at ss and not worry so much about the obp and average...

I agree witch is why ill take an improvement in power and rbis at ss and not worry so much about the obp and average...

Not worrying about OBP, huh? That's the kind of stuff that convinces someone to put the like of Corey Patterson in the leadoff slot.

Stubbs among leadoff batters: runs (1st), HR (2nd), RBI (T-2nd), SB (4th), K (1st), BB (T-2nd)

I don't think leadoff is a problem.

I think the biggest problem with Stubbs is that he strikes out too much. I agree with you that his overall numbers are good but he just doesn't make enough contact to be considered a good leadoff hitter imo. Maybe with time he can improve on this but 200+ strikeouts from your leadoff spot??

Not worrying about OBP, huh? That's the kind of stuff that convinces someone to put the like of Corey Patterson in the leadoff slot.

Oh my God, please don't tell Dusty that he is playing well in Toronto, he might try to convince Jocketty to trade for him and maybe even EE. Must be something in the water up there that suits Corey.

I don't think it would hurt, might even help a bit...But it will never happen Dusty has Walt and Bob wrapped around his finger after appearing in the postseason last year...

Jocketty is clearly in charge of things ... that was made obvious last year.

Walt is Jocketty's first name if you didn't know...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :rolleyes:

You said Dusty had Walt wrapped around his finger, which is a pretty ridiculous statement. As someone that's watched Dusty's managerial career for years, I know who's responsible for some of the changes he's made in his approach. It has Jocketty's fingerprints all over it.