Friday, Aug. 19

At Ryle

Cooper vs. Ryle, 6:55 p.m.

Wednesday, Aug. 24

At Colerain

Walnut Hills vs. Wyoming, 7 p.m.

Thursday, Aug. 25

At Colerain

North College Hill vs. Reading, 5:30 p.m.

Mount Healthy vs. Roger Bacon, 8 p.m.

Friday, Aug. 26

At Nippert Stadium

Anderson vs. Princeton, 6 p.m.

La Salle vs. Oak Hills, 8:30 p.m.

At Dixie Heights

Covington Catholic vs. Dixie Heights, 6 p.m.

Beechwood vs. Simon Kenton, 8:30 p.m.

At Centerville

Centerville vs. Elder, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 27

At Nippert Stadium

Moeller vs. Pickerington Central, noon

Lakota West vs. Winton Woods, 2:45 p.m.

McNicholas vs. Newport Central Catholic, 5:30 p.m.

St. Xavier vs. Springfield, 8:15 p.m.

At Welcome Stadium

Hamilton vs. Clayton Northmont, 5 p.m.

Middletown vs. Huber Heights Wayne, 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 28

At Colerain

Taft vs. Friendship Collegiate Academy (Washington, D.C.), 11 a.m. (ESPNU)

Cocoa (Fla.) vs. Colerain, 3 p.m. (ESPN)

Call it personal opinion...but the whole "Showdown" is kind of lame. I always liked the idea of a select few games matching greater Cincinnati programs that wouldn't usually play each other under normal circumstances. Now in its 14th season, the Crosstown Showdown is only featuring one Cincinnati vs. NKY matchup, and it's spread over 3 weekends and 5 different days, and there are as many as 3 games going on simultaneously. And what's "Crosstown" about the Taft and Colerain games???

I'd like to see this go back to a Friday/Saturday event, with maybe 5 games total.

Call it personal opinion...but the whole "Showdown" is kind of lame. I always liked the idea of a select few games matching greater Cincinnati programs that wouldn't usually play each other under normal circumstances. Now in its 14th season, the Crosstown Showdown is only featuring one Cincinnati vs. NKY matchup, and it's spread over 3 weekends and 5 different days, and there are as many as 3 games going on simultaneously. And what's "Crosstown" about the Taft and Colerain games???

I'd like to see this go back to a Friday/Saturday event, with maybe 5 games total.

Agreed. I love the OH/KY matchups at Nippert.

Agree with all of the above. How is the Ryle/Cooper game anything more than a home game for Ryle and a road test for Cooper? Nothing about the venue, being part of a multiple game lineup, or any other bells and whistles to even include it in the event, or agree to it if you're the schools. County rivalry game to open the season, Ryle's home game this year. Move on, nothing more to see here. And that's good enough for me.

The crosstown thing is still a good concept, but multiple venues over multiple weekends, with very few matchups that were created only for the occasion delutes it to the point of useless.

Take the whole thing back to Nippert, or maybe even PBS, scale it back and try to get the best possible Ohio/NKY matchups.

Anything to make a buck. The NKY games were already scheduled, so let's change the site for a couple of those games, change the time of a couple others, put a few signs around the field, charge twice as much for tickets, and make people mad that they can't get in to see their team play, because the first game already filled the stadium. They need to go back to Nippert and work out matchups that generally don't occur.

Agree with everyone else. This has gone from a great event to silly.

I know that Taft has some big recruits that they are looking to showcase, but as a team are they good enough to feature on national TV?

I like the NCC vs. McNick game.

I know that Taft has some big recruits that they are looking to showcase, but as a team are they good enough to feature on national TV?

Agreed. Depending on what I've got going on that evening, I might stop over at Nippert and check that one out.

Cov. Cath. v. Dixie should be a great matchup. It will give fans an early season opportunity to view one of the area's top QB's in a meaningful game... I hear Dixie has a pretty good quarterback too. :D

Games at Welcome Stadium... having been in that disaster (which stands as a metaphor for Dayton Public Schools and the City of Dayton itself), I hope everyone gets their tetanus shots before taking a seat.

Games at Welcome Stadium... having been in that disaster (which stands as a metaphor for Dayton Public Schools and the City of Dayton itself), I hope everyone gets their tetanus shots before taking a seat.

This is a malicious and ugly comment. It is true, but ugly and malicious.

I agree with everyone so far. The Crosstown Showdown is rather watered down. Taft has no business on national TV. The McNick vs. NCC game might be interesting, and really is what the showdown should be about. I'd like to see more OH vs. KY games in this thing. The way it is now, it's like a mini- Herbie.

The place (Welcome, not Dayton)was bad 15 years ago, and hasn't improved. Yet, it still somehow gets events like this? Go figure.

NCC v McNick is a great game a year ago. May be a good game this year as well, and I'm more interested in this matchup than most. But, McNick lost a lot from last year's team, including their coach. I'm not sure how good the Rockets will be yet.