2011 Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown

Cov. Cath. v. Dixie should be a great matchup. It will give fans an early season opportunity to view one of the area's top QB's in a meaningful game... I hear Dixie has a pretty good quarterback too. :D

IMO . this is the best game on the card ! Is this event by invitation only ? I wouldn't walk across the street to see most of these games.I hope somsbody keeps tabs on attendance numbers , and then we can compare the attendance numbers with a great scrimmage game that will be played in Lou. this summer.

Couldn't they find anyone to play Highlands or Trinity from Ohio ?

Cov. Cath. v. Dixie should be a great matchup. It will give fans an early season opportunity to view one of the area's top QB's in a meaningful game... I hear Dixie has a pretty good quarterback too. :D

Well done.

Other then the Colerain / Cocoa game this is nothing but another week of HS football in the TriState. Not much to get excited about imo, but hey the games must be played and for the most part the kids could care less where the games are played.

Why not more OH vs. NKY matchups...simple...they aren't competitive. Just look at last year. Remember how we were all told how Simon Kenton was going to dismantle Middletown? Ooops! How did that work out?

Look, I am not going to "stick up" for the Showdown event. It is what it is. The pressure to get bigger and bigger every year is certainly present and plays a big role in the matchups, both quantity and quality. Teams want TV exposure and events like this have it.

There are several good games that most of you don't realize are good because you don't follow Ohio. I may even head to Dixie on Friday night. Will be a good warmup to Saturday and Sunday's games.

-CardinalsFan