Class A State Softball Tournament

Bracken Co. is 1-1 so far (but probably playing game 3 right now)

Lost to Green Co 10-0

Beat Danville 7-4

scheduled start of Berea game was 6:30, but the rain delay put the time closer to 8:30 or 9. If I hear an update I'll pass it along.

As far as Bracken County goes, they won their final game of pool play vs. Berea 12-6. The 2-1 pool play record qualifies BC for today's single elimination round of 8. I was thinking they would be playing Jenkins today at 10:30, but might be Reidland. Not sure.

Lady Bears pitcher Sara Sticklen suffered a nasty injury to the pinkie finger of her pitching hand. Major doubts as to whether she would be able to pitch, or even play, in Sunday's game(s).

Green County looked mighty, mighty tough.

As far as Bracken County goes, they won their final game of pool play vs. Berea 12-6. The 2-1 pool play record qualifies BC for today's single elimination round of 8. I was thinking they would be playing Jenkins today at 10:30, but might be Reidland. Not sure.

Lady Bears pitcher Sara Sticklen suffered a nasty injury to the pinkie finger of her pitching hand. Major doubts as to whether she would be able to pitch, or even play, in Sunday's game(s).

Green County looked mighty, mighty tough.

Hate to hear that about Ms. Sticklen. Maybe this is oversimplifying, but my understanding is that as she goes, so go the Lady Bears.

Hate to hear that about Ms. Sticklen. Maybe this is oversimplifying, but my understanding is that as she goes, so go the Lady Bears.

In both basketball & softball, that's pretty accurate. And I'm not taking away from the other players, but that's just reality. Sara, IMO, is the best female athlete to ever pass through the halls of BCHS.

Update on today's goings-on...Bracken County played Reidland, the defending Class A state champs & also the defending overall state champs. Bracken lost 4-0 & played the entire game without Sticklen, who might be out for the season with a broken & dislocated pinky finger on the pitching hand. Freshman Emma Conley pitched a fine game, while 7th grader Bailey Cummins filled in nicely at shortstop. Cummins is a young lady who will do very big things in the future.

Congrats to the Lady Bears on an outstanding tournament & best of luck to Sara on a full recovery.

In both basketball & softball, that's pretty accurate. And I'm not taking away from the other players, but that's just reality. Sara, IMO, is the best female athlete to ever pass through the halls of BCHS.

Update on today's goings-on...Bracken County played Reidland, the defending Class A state champs & also the defending overall state champs. Bracken lost 4-0 & played the entire game without Sticklen, who might be out for the season with a broken & dislocated pinky finger on the pitching hand. Freshman Emma Conley pitched a fine game, while 7th grader Bailey Cummins filled in nicely at shortstop. Cummins is a young lady who will do very big things in the future.

Congrats to the Lady Bears on an outstanding tournament & best of luck to Sara on a full recovery.

Hate to hear that about Sara.. and playing Reidland to a 4-0 game without her is saying something!

What part of the state is Reidland from?,have never heard of them. Sara is one of the best to pass thru the halls of BCHS, but those two I highlighted might even raise the bar higher by the time they are done.

What part of the state is Reidland from?,have never heard of them. Sara is one of the best to pass thru the halls of BCHS, but those two I highlighted might even raise the bar higher by the time they are done.

It's in McCracken County, near Paducah.

Reidland is from Western Kentucky.

NCC also played very well, Won 3 to 0 over West Carter, lost to Edmonson Co. 3 to 0, Edmonson is in the final Four, lost to Christian Academy Lou 4 to 3 in thw 8th inn, they are in the final four. good job NCC.

The tournament will be finished on Thursday in Bowling Green. Reidland trailed Edmonson County 3-2 in the third inning and Christian Academy of Louisville and Green County were scoreless in the second inning, from what I have read.

NCC also played very well, Won 3 to 0 over West Carter, lost to Edmonson Co. 3 to 0, Edmonson is in the final Four, lost to Christian Academy Lou 4 to 3 in thw 8th inn, they are in the final four. good job NCC.

NewCath's inability to execute the bunt and the lack of hitting were it's downfall. The Christian Academy Lou. game was rough for the Breds, especially the 1st inning when CAL scores 2 runs on 4 hits and not 1 comes even close to leaving the infield. Danielle Hausfeld kept the Breds in all 3 games striking out 27, including 11 against CAL. Considering the competion, combined records of 51-18 at the time of play, the Breds played better than expected and was pleased how they came back to tie CAL.