2011 Boys' Kentucky All-Star Basketball Roster

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They picked the players that fit the TEAM. I was told by a source that selfish play during tryouts may have cost a talented player or two. The coaches want to win. I highly doubt they would cut a player for personal reasons.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. Too many black holes (pass the ball to one; it gets sucked in and you never see it again) doesn't necessarily equate to the best possible team.

Again, congratulations to all who were chosen. It will be tough sledding against an Indiana team that looks to be loaded, but we will see.

They picked the players that fit the TEAM. I was told by a source that selfish play during tryouts may have cost a talented player or two. The coaches want to win. I highly doubt they would cut a player for personal reasons.

First of all congratulations to all the players that made the team. I think that is a huge honor. Its a huge honor to be offered a tryout.

I'm not questioning any one school. My concern is if Eastern or Mason were so good... yet upset in the post-season, how are they going to fair against an all-star team from Indiana? The 'picking a team' theory just isn't working with that line of thinking. I think Coach Cal has it right, "I'll take talent over experience anyday". These group of coaches apparently don't subscribe to that theory. I'm guessing their are easily 5 Sr's not on this team that could be the best this All-Star "TEAM" has to offer. We left way too much talent in the cupboard. I guess time will tell. Here's hoping that we don't drop two blowouts to Indiana!

First of all congratulations to all the players that made the team. I think that is a huge honor. Its a huge honor to be offered a tryout.

I'm not questioning any one school. My concern is if Eastern or Mason were so good... yet upset in the post-season, how are they going to fair against an all-star team from Indiana? The 'picking a team' theory just isn't working with that line of thinking. I think Coach Cal has it right, "I'll take talent over experience anyday". These group of coaches apparently don't subscribe to that theory. I'm guessing their are easily 5 Sr's not on this team that could be the best this All-Star "TEAM" has to offer. We left way too much talent in the cupboard. I guess time will tell. Here's hoping that we don't drop two blowouts to Indiana!

Here is the Indiana Roster that has 3 McDonald's All-Americans:

Indiana All-Star team announced:

Three McDonald’s All-Americans -
Cody Zeller, Marquis Teague
and
Braden Dawson
- were among 13 players named to the Indiana All-Star team.

Zeller, an Indiana University signee, is joined by his future teammate -
Austin Etherington
- on the All-Star team.

The Indiana All-Stars will play the Kentucky All-Stars on June 10at Bellarmine University and the next day at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Teague, a Kentucky signee, is among three top point guards on the All-Star team along with Xavier signee
Dee Davis
and Illinois State signee
Nic Moore.

Also on the team is New Albany’s
Chris Whitehead
and Eastern Kentucky signee
Eric Stutz
of Castle. Other players: Hammond Bishop Noll’s
Adonis Filer,
Munster’s
Joe Crisman,
Lowell’s
Austin Richie,
Center Grove’s
Andy Smeathers
and Terre Haute North’s
Justin Gant.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jod...all-star-team/

Here is the Indiana Roster that has 3 McDonald's All-Americans:

Indiana All-Star team announced:

Three McDonald’s All-Americans -
Cody Zeller, Marquis Teague
and
Braden Dawson
- were among 13 players named to the Indiana All-Star team.

Zeller, an Indiana University signee, is joined by his future teammate -
Austin Etherington
- on the All-Star team.

The Indiana All-Stars will play the Kentucky All-Stars on June 10at Bellarmine University and the next day at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Teague, a Kentucky signee, is among three top point guards on the All-Star team along with Xavier signee
Dee Davis
and Illinois State signee
Nic Moore.

Also on the team is New Albany’s
Chris Whitehead
and Eastern Kentucky signee
Eric Stutz
of Castle. Other players: Hammond Bishop Noll’s
Adonis Filer,
Munster’s
Joe Crisman,
Lowell’s
Austin Richie,
Center Grove’s
Andy Smeathers
and Terre Haute North’s
Justin Gant.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jod...all-star-team/

300.jpg

I believe the Miami Heat have proven that the most talented team does not always win in basketball. My guess is the coaches picked what they feel will be the best "team" to compete to win versus Indiana. As far as Gilbert, he is a fiesty little player, that wil probably back up Hickey, play 5-6 minutes tops. And he'll be happy and a productive member of the team for the entire week of practice. Will the so called "other D I players" have that same attitude. Judging by the decision, somebody must have thought No. As far as the comments about Indiana dominating the series, look at the talent level in Indiana vs Kentucky. IT doesn't take a genius to figure out. How many players from Indiana have gone on to the NBA and how many from Ky. That's why they domiate. TALENT!!! I think this KY team will compete and have a shot against another very talented Indiana team.