March 29, 201115 yr What is the difference between Cal’s first two teams? What I mean why is it that this year’s team is more successful in the tournament that last year’s team? Last year’s team had far more talent from top to bottom. Let’s face there might not ever be a team again to have that many draft picks on it at the same time. The teams bench was deep and any given night someone different could drop 30 points without breaking a sweat. This year’s team has 3 draft picks and a couple of hold over’s from the Billy Clyde years. Not the most talented group to ever play at UK either. They have some good role players in Liggins, Miller, and Harrleson. The bench lacks depth. I think this year’s team proves one thing about College basketball. Yes you need talent to win. But more importantly you need 3-4 year players that fully understand the game and sacrifice it takes to be a winner. I think it also proves hard work and desire will always beat out talent. Last year’s team was fun to watch. But this year’s team has worked harder to get the prize. Your Thoughts?
March 29, 201115 yr This years team can shoot the ball better look at all the 3 pointers we hit in the tournament this year compared to last year.
March 29, 201115 yr I disagree...I think this years team has 6 draft picks..not this year maybe, but our 6 guys will all get drafted IMO. They are a talented bunch of guys who have learned how to play together and who genuinely like one another and like playing with one another.
March 29, 201115 yr A big one is there three point shooting for sure. That changes a game in my opinion, makes our team much more dimensional. This team is playing with a chip on its shoulder this year, like they have something to prove. Playing with that chip on your shoulder can definitely help you win games.
March 29, 201115 yr I disagree...I think this years team has 6 draft picks..not this year maybe, but our 6 guys will all get drafted IMO. They are a talented bunch of guys who have learned how to play together and who genuinely like one another and like playing with one another. What 6 guys on this current roster are going to get drafted?
March 29, 201115 yr I agree on this team being far better shooters, especially from the 3's but I also think that this years team listened to and bought into what Cal was saying a little more than last season. Last season that team could play bad an still pull out a win on their talent alone and they knew that.
March 29, 201115 yr What 6 guys on this current roster are going to get drafted? I was listening to an "experts show" on espnu last night and they all were saying that Harellson would be a pro and possibly have a long carrer in the NBA bc h e would be a perfect role player. He had size and strength, sets good screens and that he could make a pro on the "dirty work", wasn't a glory hog, good rebounder,especially offensive rebounds. They were really high on him.
March 29, 201115 yr What 6 guys on this current roster are going to get drafted? I assume he means the only 6 that play :lol:
March 29, 201115 yr I was listening to an "experts show" on espnu last night and they all were saying that Harellson would be a pro and possibly have a long carrer in the NBA bc h e would be a perfect role player. He had size and strength, sets good screens and that he could make a pro on the "dirty work", wasn't a glory hog, good rebounder,especially offensive rebounds. They were really high on him. He will likely play pro but it most likely won't be in the NBA.
March 29, 201115 yr The tournament is such a gamble anyways. I cannot say this team is better because they advanced one more round. The best team seldom wins. Who you play and how you play on one day ultimately determines who wins. Exciting, but not a true indicator of how great/bad a team may really be.
March 29, 201115 yr I was listening to an "experts show" on espnu last night and they all were saying that Harellson would be a pro and possibly have a long carrer in the NBA bc h e would be a perfect role player. He had size and strength, sets good screens and that he could make a pro on the "dirty work", wasn't a glory hog, good rebounder,especially offensive rebounds. They were really high on him. I think I would have agree. He won't get drafted high by any means, but he'll play hard and GM's will love him.
March 29, 201115 yr I think this year's bunch plays much better defense and are very deliberate on offense. Last night Dykes said that this team was getting about 50 shots per game which is even less than Butler, but they are grinding teams out and making really good decisions. Cal also has great versatility with this group, he can go small and really create mismatch problems for most teams. Lastly, the game of basketball goes right through the heart and if you look at the odds that Liggins and Harrellson have overcome, this team has a great story to tell. Cal giving Liggins a kiss after hitting that three was the culmination of something so much bigger, those two have been through things together that none of us will ever know.
March 29, 201115 yr What is the difference between Cal’s first two teams? What I mean why is it that this year’s team is more successful in the tournament that last year’s team? Last year’s team had far more talent from top to bottom. Let’s face there might not ever be a team again to have that many draft picks on it at the same time. The teams bench was deep and any given night someone different could drop 30 points without breaking a sweat. This year’s team has 3 draft picks and a couple of hold over’s from the Billy Clyde years. Not the most talented group to ever play at UK either. They have some good role players in Liggins, Miller, and Harrleson. The bench lacks depth. I think this year’s team proves one thing about College basketball. Yes you need talent to win. But more importantly you need 3-4 year players that fully understand the game and sacrifice it takes to be a winner. I think it also proves hard work and desire will always beat out talent. Last year’s team was fun to watch. But this year’s team has worked harder to get the prize. Your Thoughts? This team can shoot the 3 ball.
March 29, 201115 yr 3 point shooting. It if the biggest difference in basketball since it was created.
March 29, 201115 yr This years team can shoot the ball better look at all the 3 pointers we hit in the tournament this year compared to last year. Three point shooting and turnovers. This year's team takes good care of the ball too. Last year's team would have 20+ turnovers every other night. 12+ turnovers with this year's team is a bad night for them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.