Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal’s First Two Seasons

Featured Replies

Playing very unselfish, and playing hard. The three returning players give a huge benefit with the mixture of the young guys.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He will likely play pro but it most likely won't be in the NBA.

 

I'd be shocked if he isn't in the NBA next year. He's the perfect reserve big guy. Going to go in, play hard, rebound, defend, and has a high basketball IQ. He wouldn't have been invited to the Portsmouth camp if the NBA scouts, etc. didn't think he could play in the league.

I'd be shocked if he isn't in the NBA next year. He's the perfect reserve big guy. Going to go in, play hard, rebound, defend, and has a high basketball IQ. He wouldn't have been invited to the Portsmouth camp if the NBA scouts, etc. didn't think he could play in the league.

 

We will see but I doubt he plays more than a year in the NBA.

  • Author

Really my point in the thread has more to do with this team going to the final 4 because they have to work harder than last years team. Also more to do with hard work and sacrifice over talent.

We will see but I doubt he plays more than a year in the NBA.

 

Brad Miller?

Brad Miller?

 

He will be lucky to be Brad Miller. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking Harrellson here I just don't think he is going to make it in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.

I agree w/ HammerTime, I think Jorts, Miller and Liggins all 3 will be pros but not in the NBA. I hope they all make a great living and play as long as they want and I will root for them the rest of their careers.

What 6 guys on this current roster are going to get drafted?

 

Harrellson, Lamb, Knight, Jones and Miller and Liggins should be second round picks...and then Kanter

He will be lucky to be Brad Miller. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking Harrellson here I just don't think he is going to make it in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.

 

How long was the Pope boy in the league?

Last years team had 1 bad game in the Dance. They would have beat WVU 9 outta 10 times, but on that night they played horrible and were still in the game at the end. Last years team should have won the whole thing and were better than this years team.

I agree w/ HammerTime, I think Jorts, Miller and Liggins all 3 will be pros but not in the NBA. I hope they all make a great living and play as long as they want and I will root for them the rest of their careers.

 

I tend to agree with you guys as well, but at the same time I would not be surprised at all to see the three of them in the NBA as solid role players.

 

Liggins is long, athletic, and aggressive. His defense earns him a spot on an NBA team. Plus, he actually has a really nice shot and ability to drive to the rim. Just needs to work on finishing.

 

Miller has a ton of athleticism, although he doesn't show it much. His all-around game has the potential to make it in the NBA. Can play from under the basket to out on the perimeter. We've all seen glimpses, and even a streak of consistency.

 

Jorts.. Jorts.. Jorts.. Big man with soft hands. Does the dirty work. Solid rebounder on both ends of the court. His defense has improved a ton, and I'm sure will continue to improve. He'll never be dominant, but he would make a great role player in the NBA. Several scouts have already shown interest.

He will be lucky to be Brad Miller. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking Harrellson here I just don't think he is going to make it in the NBA. I hope he proves me wrong.

 

I think he's developed a taste for doing just that.

Harrellson, Lamb, Knight, Jones and Miller and Liggins should be second round picks...and then Kanter

 

I think Knight's earned a 1st round pick. Also, while I agree Jones SHOULD be a second round pick, we all know he'll be a first rounder and probably lottery pick. Just the way the NBA works.

Really my point in the thread has more to do with this team going to the final 4 because they have to work harder than last years team. Also more to do with hard work and sacrifice over talent.

 

Coach, I believe in hard work but the fact is talent wins. One of my favorite sayings is "hard work will beat talent if talent doesn't work hard." There is so much talent on both of these teams that I don't think it is an example of hard work beating talent. I believe last year's team worked hard because Cal makes sure of it. The NCAA champion always has NBA talent and there is almost always at least two NBA first round picks on the champion. Hard work or talent aren't the difference here. Sometimes it is just about match ups. West Virginia was a bad match up for UK last year. They had enough NBA talent to hold their own with UK and they forced UK to make shots, which was that team's weakness.

Harrellson, Lamb, Knight, Jones and Miller and Liggins should be second round picks...and then Kanter

 

Jones and Knight are both locks to be first round picks. Jones is projected in the top 10 in this year's draft. Knight will be in the 10-15 range if he comes out. Lamb has been listed as a first rounder on some mock draft boards. I haven't seen Liggins, Harrelson or Miller listed as being drafted on any mock draft boards. I haven't checked in the last two weeks so maybe that has changed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.