Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati / U Conn Updates

Featured Replies

Can you cite what the rulebook says for me?

 

It sure as heck doesn't say that challenging shots at the rim is flagrant, does it? If it does, then I am wrong.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When those "national" guys throw a whistle around their neck , read a rulebook, and get out there and decide to make snap decision calls I'll agree. Until then they're just writers ie fans ie not knowledgeable of the rulebook.

 

They've called as many high school varsity and college games as you, right???

  • Author
So what does UC need to do in the 2nd half to win this game? Other than score more points than UCONN...

 

I'll say the same thing I said at half time of the UK game. It is always about the defense. They need to get stops and rebounds. Make Walker and Lamb put it on the floor and no 3's. Be patient on offense and make every possession count.

Clyde, what about the play earlier when Walker pump faked and then jumped directly into the UC player who was on the floor at the time of the contact? Was that a bad call?

 

Was it around the foul line? The fact that he was on the floor is immaterial UNLESS he was there before Kemba started his shooting motion ASSUMING that the defender came forward when he jumped ie landed towards Kemba from the spot he jumped. If it's the play I think it was then it was close. I'd have to rewind to check it again.

They didn't call intentional. They called excessive. If he hadn't hit Kemba's body first it probably would have just been a regular foul. They are trying to protect players being fouled from behind while vulnerable.

 

The fact that he "was going for the ball" is 100% irrelevant.

There was no 'from behind' about that play. When two players head towards the rim there is bound to be body contact.

They've called as many high school varsity and college games as you, right???

 

They've read zero rulebooks. Period. You and all 3 of them would lose any ref battle you can come up with. It would be stealing candy from babies.

There was no 'from behind' about that play. When two players head towards the rim there is bound to be body contact.

 

Let me rewind it. I think you're wrong but let me check again.

And the 2nd half starts... Of the actual game not this argument. :D

Let me rewind it. I think you're wrong but let me check again.

 

 

I checked it again. CLEARLY in front of the defender.

  • Author
Was it around the foul line? The fact that he was on the floor is immaterial UNLESS he was there before Kemba started his shooting motion ASSUMING that the defender came forward when he jumped ie landed towards Kemba from the spot he jumped. If it's the play I think it was then it was close. I'd have to rewind to check it again.

 

That's the play. Looked to me like the UC defender was on the floor and Walker jumped straight into him. I would guess it was around the 12 minute mark.

Let me rewind it. I think you're wrong but let me check again.

 

Through this disagreement you have taught me that there is a difference between excessive and intentional. Never knew that, maybe I should read a rulebook :D

Through this disagreement you have taught me that there is a difference between excessive and intentional. Never knew that, maybe I should read a rulebook :D

 

Hand it to GT when you're finished.

That's the play. Looked to me like the UC defender was on the floor and Walker jumped straight into him. I would guess it was around the 12 minute mark.

 

I saw a similar play in another game today. Seems like they always call it (not just because it's Kemba as GT wants you to believe) if the defender gets juked. You could argue in some cases that the offensive player came forward into the defender but it's very rarely called that way.

  • Author

Way to come out to start the second half. Got the stops. Got nice looks on offense. Just keep it rolling. Stay disciplined on both ends.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.