Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati / U Conn Updates

Featured Replies

I really didn't see any flagrant body contact either. I thought he went right up with him. If I see the clip again I will try to see what you are seeing.

 

Flagrant is not an issue. Immaterial to the rule.

  • Replies 107
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed again. That is the way I saw it. Maybe we will get to see the clip again here at halftime.

 

Don't you have a DVR. Rewind it.

UC bias from any of these national guys?

 

Brian Snow

Apparently now in college basketball you can't go for a block when in a transition situation. AWFUL AWFUL CALL

 

Eric Bossi

That call on Justin Jackson is maybe the worst flagrant foul call I've ever seen.

 

Michael DeCourcy

This just in: blocking shots now illegal.

 

SHOCKING: Writers and fans do not know the rulebook.

The "clean block attempt" is irrelevant. That's why it wasn't intentional. So forget that part.

 

Watch the replay again. BEFORE the slap on the arm Ibrahima nails him with his chest from behind WHILE the shooter was in front of him. Hate the rule all you want but don't get on the guy for calling it correctly.

 

High school and college always have rules to protect the shooter on a breakout. Simple as that.

 

Nails him? He didn't go more than a foot after the contact while in the air. Making minimal contact in the air is not "excessive". Period...

Judgment call and the judgment was horrible. Protecting a star, not calling by the intent of the rule. Done with it...

Judgment call and the judgment was horrible. Protecting a star, not calling by the intent of the rule. Done with it...

 

Are you wearing your Kenyon Martin jersey when you type this?

Not even close to intentional or flagrant or anything. Bad, bad call.

 

Can you cite what the rulebook says for me?

Are you wearing your Kenyon Martin jersey when you type this?

 

Nope. And I doubt any of the national guys killing the call who's opinion I respect a million times more than yours are either... :thumb:

So what does UC need to do in the 2nd half to win this game? Other than score more points than UCONN...

Nope. And I doubt any of the national guys killing the call who's opinion I respect a million times more than yours are either... :thumb:

 

When those "national" guys throw a whistle around their neck , read a rulebook, and get out there and decide to make snap decision calls I'll agree. Until then they're just writers ie fans ie not knowledgeable of the rulebook.

  • Author
SHOCKING: Writers and fans do not know the rulebook.

 

Was Walker clearly in front of him? I thought they got to the basket at about the same time with Walker coming from the wing angle. And I do not have DVR so I can't rewind it.

So what does UC need to do in the 2nd half to win this game? Other than score more points than UCONN...

 

Haven't won a game they trailed at half all season, so not looking good. Need to keep playing good half court D and hope UConn misses a few contested shots that were money during their run. That and quit fouling shooters and bailing them out...

  • Author

Clyde, what about the play earlier when Walker pump faked and then jumped directly into the UC player who was on the floor at the time of the contact? Was that a bad call?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.