March 20, 201115 yr They've read zero rulebooks. Period. You and all 3 of them would lose any ref battle you can come up with. It would be stealing candy from babies. Just checked with DeCourcy, and not only has he read it, he has a copy saved on his iPhone for reference... :thumb:
March 20, 201115 yr Author I saw a similar play in another game today. Seems like they always call it (not just because it's Kemba as GT wants you to believe) if the defender gets juked. You could argue in some cases that the offensive player came forward into the defender but it's very rarely called that way. I agree that they almost always call that. I just thought that particular play the UC man was already on the floor and Walker so clearly jumped forward into him that is shouldn't have been a foul.
March 20, 201115 yr Just checked with DeCourcy, and not only has he read it, he has a copy saved on his iPhone for reference... :thumb: Then he should read it and watch the replay again. It's obviously a judgement call since you can't word a rule for every situation. This play is a classic case though of a foul from behind WITH THE BODY first.
March 20, 201115 yr Then he should read it and watch the replay again. It's obviously a judgement call since you can't word a rule for every situation. This play is a classic case though of a foul from behind WITH THE BODY first. And I applaud MD for having a rulebook.
March 20, 201115 yr Then he should read it and watch the replay again. It's obviously a judgement call since you can't word a rule for every situation. This play is a classic case though of a foul from behind WITH THE BODY first. Which is your "expert" opinion as a girls JV ref... :thumb:
March 20, 201115 yr Author Then he should read it and watch the replay again. It's obviously a judgement call since you can't word a rule for every situation. This play is a classic case though of a foul from behind WITH THE BODY first. So are you saying any body contact first in that situation and it is flagrant?
March 20, 201115 yr Which is your "expert" opinion as a girls JV ref... :thumb: Oh, nice. GT trying to claim victory by discrediting the source with a personal attack. Classic tactic by the uninformed. I'm sure such a tactic is a shock to exactly no one on BGP.
March 20, 201115 yr So are you saying any body contact first in that situation and it is flagrant? I am saying there is no hard and fast rule. I am saying that the fact that it was a)from behind and b)a shot to the body is what made it an easy call. Even in a girls JV game.
March 20, 201115 yr Author The refs are tightening it up in this one. Those last three fouls were all a little touchy.
March 20, 201115 yr Oh, nice. GT trying to claim victory by discrediting the source with a personal attack. Classic tactic by the uninformed. I'm sure such a tactic is a shock to exactly no one on BGP. I'm sorry. I didn't realize the truth was a personal attack. No personal attack needed. Just the truth... :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.