Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This year's vs. last year's 3A title game

Featured Replies

How does the quality of the two 3A finals teams this year (LexCath and BG) compare to the quality of the two 3A finals teams last year (Highlands and Boyle County)? On the field at least, HHS had one loss heading into the game, and defending champ BC had two in 2004. This year, both BG and LC have one loss, both to Saint X. How do BG and LC compare this year with HHS and BC last year???

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the quality of the two 3A finals teams this year (LexCath and BG) compare to the quality of the two 3A finals teams last year (Highlands and Boyle County)? On the field at least, HHS had one loss heading into the game, and defending champ BC had two in 2004. This year, both BG and LC have one loss, both to Saint X. How do BG and LC compare this year with HHS and BC last year???

 

Both of the representatives this year would've beaten both of the 2004 teams.

 

:thumb:

Both of the representatives this year would've beaten both of the 2004 teams.

 

:thumb:

Based on what??????? HHS D from last year had 4 D1 players on that team....Very fast defense with alot of playmakers..... :fight: :fight:

The 2004 Highland team with its great defense would I think could beat both Bowling Green and Lexington Cath. of 2005.

 

Hay Highlands fans, I taking a stand for your team. :thumb:

They wouldn't beat Bowling Green and their defense. I think it's always good to see teams there that haven't been there in a while or have never been there. Outside of Louisville, is there much interest in the 4A state championship? Probably not.

The 2004 Highland team with its great defense would I think could beat both Bowling Green and Lexington Cath. of 2005.

 

Hay Highlands fans, I taking a stand for your team. :thumb:

Yea Me 3! ;)

Both of the representatives this year would've beaten both of the 2004 teams.
Highlands was pretty darn good with a tremendous defense. I would use stronger lanuguage but I'd get censored. :lol:

 

I do think that either of these teams could beat Boyle County’s 2004 squad.

Based on what??????? HHS D from last year had 4 D1 players on that team....Very fast defense with alot of playmakers..... :fight: :fight:

Did all four play in the championship game? Who were they and where are they playing now? Did they all get full rides? Just wondering.

Did all four play in the championship game? Who were they and where are they playing now? Did they all get full rides? Just wondering.

 

Nevels-OLB-UK(CB)

Mitchell-CB-Ohio U

Stowers-?(looking at UL or UK possibly-he played really well in the KY-TN all-star game)

 

I don't know who the others they are referring to.

 

Shearer & Hubbard were 2 stud LBs, but they did not go DI, and Bethiany was huge hitter at safety, but also did not go DI.

 

I do think that either of these teams could beat Boyle County’s 2004 squad.

 

LexCath beat Boyle Co. in 2004, 43-42.

Both of the representatives this year would've beaten both of the 2004 teams.

 

:thumb:

I'll have to disagree. The '04 Highlands Defense was pretty good. The '05 Highlands Defense did a good job against LC this year. But that defense from the previous year was something special. I think the '04 defense could have shut out LC this year. Yes I said SHUTOUT. But that's just my opinon.

 

While this makes for a good discussion, there is no right or wrong, the only true answer is "we don't know". But a good topic to talk about.

Outside of Louisville, is there much interest in the 4A state championship? Probably not.

 

Nominee for the post "That stays on topic the least"......

  • Author
Did all four play in the championship game? Who were they and where are they playing now? Did they all get full rides? Just wondering.

The 4 D-1 players on HHS' 2004 squad:

1. SR Jordan Nevels (UK)

2. SR Mike Mitchell (Ohio)

3. SR Justin Auton (EKU - D I-AA, which is still D-1)

4. JR Ben Guidugli (has accepted a football scholarship to UC)

 

Also, very possibly 2004 SR Mike Stowers will eventually be a D-1 player.

 

Also, if 2005 BG and 2004 HHS played, the final score may have been 2-0, given how good both teams' defenses were/are!!!!

I believe last years Highlands team would win over this years teams. Defence wins games, and last seasons Highlands was the best that I have EVER SEEN in high school. I've not seen Bowling Green's D, but I find it hard to be better than what I whitness last season from Highlands. Bowling Green's 3 points over Hopkinsville leads me to think that Highlands would have shut them out. With me being from Boyle County it's hard for me to say this, but I have to give credit to where credit is due. In my eyes last seasons Highlands is/was the better team over this seasons teams.

LexCath beat Boyle Co. in 2004, 43-42.

 

Where were they when the state finals were played last yr. Oh thats right they were watching from the sidelines. :fight:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.