Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This year's vs. last year's 3A title game

Featured Replies

LSURock-I didn't imply that Bell's coach was lying, never even crossed my mind and I certainly hope nobody else thought that. I'm talking about his perspective. Don't you think if you asked Mueller the same question you would get a different answer? He wouldn't be lying either. Back on topic, I personally think there is very little to differentiate this year's finalists from last year's.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..

Considering the way Highlands thumped Boyle County without Mitchell

 

 

Last season title game was not a thumping as you say Westsider. Boyle was in the game at 15-6 untill Highlands last TD with 3:47 left in the 4th. quarter.

 

HIGHLANDS 3 3 9 7 22

BOYLE COUNTY 0 6 0 0 6

 

 

Qtr Time Team Scoring play V H

1st 06:17 HIGH AUTON, JUSTIN 30 yd field goal 8 plays, 20 yards, TOP 3:24 3 0

2nd 09:47 BOYLE TAMME, SETH 17 yd pass from SMITH, BRANDON (DICKINSON, ADAM kick failed) 3 plays, 33 yards, TOP 1:04 3 6

00:00 HIGH AUTON, JUSTIN 32 yd field goal 3 plays, 34 yards, TOP 0:19 6 6

3rd 04:48 HIGH HUBBARD, JAMES 1 yd run (AUTON, JUSTIN kick failed) 4 plays, 63 yards, TOP 1:28 12 6

02:16 HIGH AUTON, JUSTIN 38 yd field goal 4 plays, -7 yards, TOP 1:33 15 6

4th 03:47 HIGH KRAMER, JORDAN 4 yd run (AUTON, JUSTIN kick) 10 plays, 66 yards, TOP 5:56 22 6

As a Boyle County grad, I must disagree with you Rebel. The score may have looked close, but the game was not. Highlands simply pounded the ball down the Rebel's throats. They almost had a 2-1 advantage in possession (29 to 18). Highlands ran the ball almost as many times as the County had rushing yards (48 rushes for 153 yards vs. 24 for 64). The only two possessions the County entered the Highlands half of the field were on turnovers. They simply could not stop Highlands.

As a Boyle County grad, I must disagree with you Rebel. The score may have looked close, but the game was not. Highlands simply pounded the ball down the Rebel's throats. They almost had a 2-1 advantage in possession (29 to 18). Highlands ran the ball almost as many times as the County had rushing yards (48 rushes for 153 yards vs. 24 for 64). The only two possessions the County entered the Highlands half of the field were on turnovers. They simply could not stop Highlands.

 

Not to mention that Highlands caused 6 turnovers... :creepy:

Not to mention that Highlands caused 6 turnovers... :creepy:

You must be new around here. Don't you know that when a team turns the ball over that many times "they handed you the game". :sssh: :lol:

If you do not cross the 50 on a single drive all game, you will not win.

As a Boyle County grad, I must disagree with you Rebel. The score may have looked close, but the game was not. Highlands simply pounded the ball down the Rebel's throats. They almost had a 2-1 advantage in possession (29 to 18). Highlands ran the ball almost as many times as the County had rushing yards (48 rushes for 153 yards vs. 24 for 64). The only two possessions the County entered the Highlands half of the field were on turnovers. They simply could not stop Highlands.

 

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. :thumb: A thumping it wasn't.

On your possession of time 29-18 in favor of Highlands. At the half Highlands had the ball 58 seconds more than Boyle 13-12. When Boyle got down they strictly went with the pass which is why of the big time difference in the game. 5 of the last 6 possessions where under 1:30. Total plays where 59-50 in favor of Highlands. Now I am in no way saying Boyle should have won this game. Highlands was the better team, but the game that I watch was far from a thumping. Up untill Greg Peck got thrown out of the game, Boyle was very much in it.

No disrespect to last years teams, but, I think the 2 this year are better than the 2 last year...Highlands would give either a great game, I just think they may be a notch better this year...I definately think the contrasting styles of this years teams will make for a very entertaining game...

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. :thumb: A thumping it wasn't.

On your possession of time 29-18 in favor of Highlands. At the half Highlands had the ball 58 seconds more than Boyle 13-12. When Boyle got down they strictly went with the pass which is why of the big time difference in the game. 5 of the last 6 possessions where under 1:30. Total plays where 59-50 in favor of Highlands. Now I am in no way saying Boyle should have won this game. Highlands was the better team, but the game that I watch was far from a thumping. Up untill Greg Peck got thrown out of the game, Boyle was very much in it.

 

Rebel, Boyle had a great season last year and the years before, but having just watch the Highlands 2004 season games ( and yes you that know me know I did) I must admit that in the Boyle game Highlands defense just really put some hits on Brandon Smith. That boy took a lickin and kept on tickin but, trust me, he was quite a bit gun shy. Boyle had a great run to that point, but the 2004 Highlands team had something to prove. An to the Bell Co. fans, watched that game also, had Mitchel not been there and we had Hubbard in place, you are right it would have been a much different outcome. Highlands by a landslide.

Highlands D of last year would shut down the Catholic O from this year.

Rebel, Boyle had a great season last year and the years before, but having just watch the Highlands 2004 season games ( and yes you that know me know I did) I must admit that in the Boyle game Highlands defense just really put some hits on Brandon Smith. That boy took a lickin and kept on tickin but, trust me, he was quite a bit gun shy. Boyle had a great run to that point, but the 2004 Highlands team had something to prove. An to the Bell Co. fans, watched that game also, had Mitchel not been there and we had Hubbard in place, you are right it would have been a much different outcome. Highlands by a landslide.

 

Wow, Henry I'm seeing a side to you I don't recall having seen before. Did Leatherneck leave his dirty socks lying on the floor again? ;););)

Wow, Henry I'm seeing a side to you I don't recall having seen before. Did Leatherneck leave his dirty socks lying on the floor again? ;););)

 

Rough time of the year. I don't have anything to do this weekend :irked: :fight: :cry:

Rough time of the year. I don't have anything to do this weekend :irked: :fight: :cry:

 

Yeah, I definitely understand your plight. However, I will be attending the games this weekend because it's where i'm supposed to be the first weekend in December. :D

  • Author

One thing needs to be mentioned: Highlands' defense held LexCath to 17 points in this year's playoff game. Coach Sphire stated afterwards that HHS' effort on defense was the best defensive performance against his team in 2005. I think that everyone here would agree that, hands down, HHS' defense last year was head and shoulders above this year's HHS team, with or without Mitchell. Given this, I think LexCath's 2005 team would have a hard time scoring on HHS' 2004 defense. So, the question then becomes: how many points could HHS' 2004 offense score on LexCath's 2005 defense??? The answer to this question would likely answer the question of whether 2004 HHS or 2005 LC would win a mythical game. I would guess that 2004 HHS would win the game, but I'm not so sure about 2004 HHS vs. 2005 Bowling Green. With BG's great power running game and awesome defense, BG could really limit HHS' offensive production and maybe sustain some long scoring drives.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.