Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark / Oldham County predictions 3/16

Which team will advance in the state tourney 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will advance in the state tourney

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Don't know alot about Oldham Co, any posters give us some info?

 

Colonel Mike would probably do a bang up job with their roster and additional information but I'll give it a whirl. I believe they normally start (Sr) Dylan Henderson (leading scorer) and (Jr) Kerry Smith at guard. Henderson is a good shooter, he had six threes in the regional finals and Smith seems to be a strong athletic guard. (Jr) Tyler Wesley and (Sr) Nolan Denise are both are in the 6'5" range. (Sr) Blake Payne rounds out the starting lineup. They seem to be a balanced team with no superstars but are pretty solid.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colonel Mike would probably do a bang up job with their roster and additional information but I'll give it a whirl. I believe they normally start (Sr) Dylan Henderson (leading scorer) and (Jr) Kerry Smith at guard. Henderson is a good shooter, he had six threes in the regional finals and Smith seems to be a strong athletic guard. (Jr) Tyler Wesley and (Sr) Nolan Denise are both are in the 6'5" range. (Sr) Blake Payne rounds out the starting lineup. They seem to be a balanced team with no superstars but are pretty solid.

Kerry Smith will have to keep his mind in the game and not let his attitude get the best of him. I watched him in every game in the 8th region tournament and in every game he did very rude gestures to the opposing teams pep section. He's a good ball player if he keeps his emotions in check. If he doesn't I'll be looking for him to get atleast one T in this game being that the best refs in the state will be officiating.

  • Author
Colonel Mike would probably do a bang up job with their roster and additional information but I'll give it a whirl. I believe they normally start (Sr) Dylan Henderson (leading scorer) and (Jr) Kerry Smith at guard. Henderson is a good shooter, he had six threes in the regional finals and Smith seems to be a strong athletic guard. (Jr) Tyler Wesley and (Sr) Nolan Denise are both are in the 6'5" range. (Sr) Blake Payne rounds out the starting lineup. They seem to be a balanced team with no superstars but are pretty solid.

 

I have been waiting for Colonel Mike to give his input, knew he would know their starting lineup and heights, ect. I listened to the region final and Smith is the name I heard alot. also knew they had two players with some height. What about thier bench? Are they very deep. Do they like to press? Thanks!!!!

  • Author

Here is what our paper had on the game so far.

 

 

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/ws-cards-shift-focus-to-state-opener-20110312,0,4802361.story

 

The Colonels (25-7) have been a consistent participate in the state tournament and will be making their fifth appearance in 10 years against the Cardinals at noon Wednesday in the first game of the opening session of the Boys’ Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena.

 

Oldham County punched their ticket to the state tournament following a 70-50 rout of Spencer County earlier this week in the 8th Region finals.

 

Clark coach Scott Humphrey caught a glimpse of the Colonels last week and came away impressed with his next opponent.

 

“They shoot it really well, and defensively they try to keep you off-balance,” Humphrey said. “They’re constantly switching defenses. You have to make sure you find their shooters (on defense) and they have a really strong point guard.”

Kerry Smith will have to keep his mind in the game and not let his attitude get the best of him. I watched him in every game in the 8th region tournament and in every game he did very rude gestures to the opposing teams pep section. He's a good ball player if he keeps his emotions in check. If he doesn't I'll be looking for him to get atleast one T in this game being that the best refs in the state will be officiating.

 

Sounds like a coaches dream.

GRC by double digits. To many guns on this team for the Colonels!

GRC by 15-20.

  • Author
Kerry Smith will have to keep his mind in the game and not let his attitude get the best of him. I watched him in every game in the 8th region tournament and in every game he did very rude gestures to the opposing teams pep section. He's a good ball player if he keeps his emotions in check. If he doesn't I'll be looking for him to get atleast one T in this game being that the best refs in the state will be officiating.

 

What # is he?

Best time for an upset is in the first game of the tournament.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

What # is he?

 

Smith is #23.

Has anyone got to watch both of these teams this year to give us a little better analysis of what this game might be. I find it hard to believe that everyone has GRC by 20, I know they are good but are they that good?

  • Author
Smith is #23.

 

Thanks

 

Has anyone got to watch both of these teams this year to give us a little better analysis of what this game might be. I find it hard to believe that everyone has GRC by 20, I know they are good but are they that good?

 

I don't think GRC will win by 20, will be closer than most think. GRC can be very good, also I have seen them not play their "A" game. This team I know is on a mission and takes one game at a time. State Title is thier goal.

Well watching both teams, I will say that Oldham has some size and atheltes as well, I think that it will be a good game. Clark has lost some players #23 and #12 and are olny play 7 guys. I wonder if #11 can score for them? I think Oldham can spread them out and beat them off the dribble, question is can Oldham rebound with Clark, if they do it will be intersting game. Either way if Eastern is in game 2 for Clark, how will they handle pressure, the games I have seen them lose, Ballard and Henry Clay for example they did not handle it well!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.