February 22, 201115 yr One more win and depending on the seed no bad loss in the BET... If the season ended today, who would UC play in the 1st round of the BET?
February 22, 201115 yr If they can finish 2-2 in these final 4 games, two against G-Town, Marquette, UCONN. I can't see them being left out with 23 wins and 10 in the bEAST. Getting a win or two in the tourney could just improve their seeding.
February 22, 201115 yr If they can finish 2-2 in these final 4 games, two against G-Town, Marquette, UCONN. I can't see them being left out with 23 wins and 10 in the bEAST. Getting a win or two in the tourney could just improve their seeding. If they don't go 2-2 in the remainder, I feel they certainly have to win a BET game.
February 22, 201115 yr UC gets in as conference Champion If they were in the SEC. :lol: Not a chance. In seriousness, UC has to get at least 1 more win regular season. I can't see them getting in with a losing record in conference. If they go 1-3 to end the year, they'll be 9-9, and then win the 1st round BEast tournament game, and they're in. 2-2 in the regular season guarantees a bid IMO.
February 22, 201115 yr If the season ended today, who would UC play in the 1st round of the BET? If I understand the tie breaker right, given WV and UConn have not played each other yet and WV beat UC, UC would be in 10th place as of today and would play #15 USF in the first round. The choice position would be 8th, where they'd get a first round bye. If I calculated wrong and they are given the 9th seed, they'd play DePaul, who is currently #16. If I'm Cincinnati and given the choice of DePaul or USF, I'd want to play USF. The last few games, you can tell they are fading. Depaul, on the other hand, seems to be finding themselves.
February 22, 201115 yr Would it benefit UC not to get a first round bye so that they can add another win onto their resume in the opening round?
February 22, 201115 yr Would it benefit UC not to get a first round bye so that they can add another win onto their resume in the opening round? Not really. Beating USF or DePaul adds nothing to the resume at that point...
February 22, 201115 yr If they don't go 2-2 in the remainder, I feel they certainly have to win a BET game. Absolutely; if they got only one win it would be Marquette and they are not playing well.
February 22, 201115 yr Absolutely; if they got only one win it would be Marquette and they are not playing well. Yeah, no way they can beat UConn or GTown who have combined for 11 conference loses. But they had no chance against UL either, right...
February 22, 201115 yr UC gets in as conference Champion If they were in the SEC. Somebody check this guys temperature .
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.