Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 2011

Featured Replies

What does Lexington Catholic need to do to improve in
2011?
What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LexCath should definitely be considered as one of the top teams that will be competing for the 4A State Title. This team will display one of the most profilific offenses in the state and anyone or any team who thinks this team will be 'down' like last season's team is in for a rude awakening. Kyle Bolin and his receiver, Adam Bush I think is his name, are going to give people and DC's headaches all year long. I was very very impressed with their performance against Boyle County in the playoffs last year. The future of LexCath football is very very bright.

 

The winner of the outcome of the Boyle County/LexCath playoff meeting is who I expect to win the 4A Title this year.

 

Yes, I said expect.

Highlands poster in 3...2...1.......

 

 

Blast off! Actually, I've got no problem with PP92 posting what he expects. Not sure how he can expect such result since no one has seen next year's version of Highlands, LC or Boyle yet, but it could very well work out that way. If any Highlands fan thinks it's some foregone conclusion that Highlands will win 4A, they are looking at it through blue tinted glasses. Both LC and Boyle have excellent programs and the Birds better be working their tail ends off. It will not be handed to them. That's for certain. I kind of like Highlands being an underdog for a change.

Underdog I don't think so, I seen them play twice last year and they Highlands will be loaded again. They are probably the best coached team in Kentucky and will show it again this year. It will be interesting to see if anyone can stop Towles at QB his is really smooth and one heck of an athelete. JD

Blast off! Actually, I've got no problem with PP92 posting what he expects. Not sure how he can expect such result since no one has seen next year's version of Highlands, LC or Boyle yet, but it could very well work out that way. If any Highlands fan thinks it's some foregone conclusion that Highlands will win 4A, they are looking at it through blue tinted glasses. Both LC and Boyle have excellent programs and the Birds better be working their tail ends off. It will not be handed to them. That's for certain. I kind of like Highlands being an underdog for a change.

 

 

I assume at Highlands you guys expect to win/compete for the State Championship. At Boyle we expect to win/compete for the State Championship and I will be shocked if LexCath isn't way better/best team in 4A in 2011. They should be scary good. This LexCath team is the first opponent during the Larry French regime that has me worried.

 

As for underdog....not likely. I am sure once my post is seen that folks will want me fitted for a straightjacket.:lol:

How do the Knights compare to the Justin Burke-led Knights that won the championship?

I assume at Highlands you guys expect to win/compete for the State Championship. At Boyle we expect to win/compete for the State Championship and I will be shocked if LexCath isn't way better/best team in 4A in 2011. They should be scary good. This LexCath team is the first opponent during the Larry French regime that has me worried.

 

As for underdog....not likely. I am sure once my post is seen that folks will want me fitted for a straightjacket.:lol:

 

The team may expect to win it each year; I as a fan do not. I'm realistic and realize the difficulty in winning state year in and year out. I also realize that other teams can be better than we are even if we try are best and work our hardest. I wait to see the other teams likely to compete for the title before I start making my "predictions".

 

Of course you are saying the Birds are underdogs in your opinion. When you say that you expect the winner of LC vs Boyle to win state, you are saying the Birds will be underdogs. I like the additional motivation for the Birds. Not often that they get told that message.

The team may expect to win it each year; I as a fan do not. I'm realistic and realize the difficulty in winning state year in and year out. I also realize that other teams can be better than we are even if we try are best and work our hardest. I wait to see the other teams likely to compete for the title before I start making my "predictions".

 

Of course you are saying the Birds are underdogs in your opinion. When you say that you expect the winner of LC vs Boyle to win state, you are saying the Birds will be underdogs. I like the additional motivation for the Birds. Not often that they get told that message.

 

I did say expect/compete to win state. I too am realistic and know when we have teams worthy of winning state and teams that may fall short. This LexCath team is a team that is worthy and should be good enough to compete for state this year. As Boyle will be and as everyone except you says of Highlands.

 

Yes, my prediction before I see all of the teams is that the winner of the Boyle County/LexCath playoff matchup will win state. Or should I say I hope. Both teams will definitely be good enough to do so and the winner of that game is who I will be pulling for.

 

If the one little voice from PP92 on the BGP board serves as their motivation then so be it. That is so awesome to know my voice travels that far. I am truly flattered. Word up. For them to hear my voice saying they won't win state when they are surrounded by so many telling them how great they are(especially on this board) speaks volumes to their focus. Tell them I said hello and see them in week 0 and to not sleep on LexCath. I am telling everyone......LexCath will have a great team this year.

Underdog I don't think so, I seen them play twice last year and they Highlands will be loaded again. They are probably the best coached team in Kentucky and will show it again this year. It will be interesting to see if anyone can stop Towles at QB his is really smooth and one heck of an athelete. JD

 

 

Nah, don't do that JD. I like Highlands being an underdog.:D Can't let the kids get too complacent. Got to keep them hungry. A poster, certainly a poster as regarded as PP92 stating "The winner of the outcome of the Boyle County/LexCath playoff meeting is who I expect to win the 4A Title this year" can be a good thing.

Nah, don't do that JD. I like Highlands being an underdog.:D Can't let the kids get too complacent. Got to keep them hungry. A poster, certainly a poster as regarded as PP92 stating "The winner of the outcome of the Boyle County/LexCath playoff meeting is who I expect to win the 4A Title this year" can be a good thing.

 

:D :thumb:

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread involving LexCath. I'm a big fan of LexCath's head coach. Letton does a great job in my opinion. If he's got the horses (and reports are that he does), LexCath is going to be a tough out for any team. I've got to check their schedule to see if they play on a Saturday or two so I can catch a game of their's without needing to miss a Highlands game. Good luck Knights.

I think they play Bowling Green at some point this year. Not sure if it is a Saturday game. That will be interesting game.

I did say expect/compete to win state. I too am realistic and know when we have teams worthy of winning state and teams that may fall short. This LexCath team is a team that is worthy and should be good enough to compete for state this year. As Boyle will be and as everyone except you says of Highlands.

 

Yes, my prediction before I see all of the teams is that the winner of the Boyle County/LexCath playoff matchup will win state. Or should I say I hope. Both teams will definitely be good enough to do so and the winner of that game is who I will be pulling for.

 

If the one little voice from PP92 on the BGP board serves as their motivation then so be it. That is so awesome to know my voice travels that far. I am truly flattered. Word up. For them to hear my voice saying they won't win state when they are surrounded by so many telling them how great they are(especially on this board) speaks volumes to their focus. Tell them I said hello and see them in week 0 and to not sleep on LexCath. I am telling everyone......LexCath will have a great team this year.

 

For Lexington Catholic to compete for a 4A state title there is going to have to be monumental improvement. Going from a 7 point win over a 1-10 Madison Central team in 2010 to state champion in 2011 with the addition of Highlands would be truly impressive. Good luck to the Knights!

Got you Leatherneck I will stay low keyed going forward. JD

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.