Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eight graders to spring practice?

Featured Replies

Just wondering...Can a 8th grader go to a spring practice and kinda of work out? No contact, just go thru some drills. the kid has to be accepted into the high school for the next year.

 

I know we have the no 8th grade play rule and I'm fine with it, but does anyone know if this is OK for a spring practice?

No, it states on the form that you have to submit to the KHSAA that no 8th. graders can participate.

You can practice 8th graders seperatly anytime until school is out.

You can practice 8th graders seperatly anytime until school is out.

 

Sad, disgusting and true. I know a middle school coach in Fayette County that is preparing spring practice for his middle schools as I type.:madman:

Sad, disgusting and true. I know a middle school coach in Fayette County that is preparing spring practice for his middle schools as I type.:madman:

He isn't the only one.

Sad, disgusting and true. I know a middle school coach in Fayette County that is preparing spring practice for his middle schools as I type.:madman:

 

It's OK for kids to play AAU basketball, fall, spring, and summer baseball and soccer, but heaven forbid someone practicing football in the spring with middle schoolers.

Sad, disgusting and true. I know a middle school coach in Fayette County that is preparing spring practice for his middle schools as I type.:madman:

 

 

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm curious to know why you think it's sad and disgusting that 8th graders get together in the spring and practice football drills.

I think more middle school coaches should follow suit and do the same!! Otherwise they will be in the gym or playing X-Box.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm curious to know why you think it's sad and disgusting that 8th graders get together in the spring and practice football drills.
Me too. :popcorn:

If those athletes are not enrolled in THAT school yet (or in some cases at least in that district), the coach just might want to check his and his school's insurance policies before any "official" practices begin.

It's OK for kids to play AAU basketball, fall, spring, and summer baseball and soccer, but heaven forbid someone practicing football in the spring with middle schoolers.

 

My thoughts exactly. I was scrolling down to post the same thing until I saw where you already hit the nail on the head.

I'm not saying it's wrong or right. I just wouldn't do it. Too damaging to the body is football.

I'm not saying it's wrong or right. I just wouldn't do it. Too damaging to the body is football.

 

Good Lord. Are you serious?

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm curious to know why you think it's sad and disgusting that 8th graders get together in the spring and practice football drills.

 

:thumb: I was thinking the same thing the other day but didn't want to put my foot in my mouth and say something that was way off base from what everyone else thought. I agree with you.

  • Author

One thing I didn't think about was the Insurance. But they could still do no contact drills.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.