Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 88 Beechwood 67

Featured Replies

Wow!! Tyler Fangman gets 45 against Boone. The kid can shoot, there is no doubt about that. Impressive.

 

As to the Tigers as a team, there just isn't a good flow for them on offense. Cruse needs to get it together in the tough games and help Fangman out. There is virtually no inside game for Beechwood. If they could get Maus to play stronger inside on the offensive end, it would be huge. Maus does a decent job banging on defense but he doesn't play tough enough on offense. I think he needs to hit the weights and get stronger. Both Cruse and Maus need to produce some points inside against the big boys for Beechwood to have a chance against the top shelf teams like Boone Co. It is easy when you are 6'5" against the A teams but when you get against the big schools, height alone doesn't get it done. Those are the three that need to make it happen for Beechwood.

 

I am curious, for those that were at the game, did Eyckmans play any? That matchup against Brown would have been interesting to see. Some serious beef going at it if those two got on the floor together.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! Tyler Fangman gets 45 against Boone. The kid can shoot, there is no doubt about that. Impressive.

 

As to the Tigers as a team, there just isn't a good flow for them on offense. Cruse needs to get it together in the tough games and help Fangman out. There is virtually no inside game for Beechwood. If they could get Maus to play stronger inside on the offensive end, it would be huge. Maus does a decent job banging on defense but he doesn't play tough enough on offense. I think he needs to hit the weights and get stronger. Those are the three that need to make it happen for Beechwood.

 

I am curious, for those that were at the game, did Eyckmans play any? That matchup against Brown would have been interesting to see. Some serious beef going at it if those two got on the floor together.

 

Let's be fair to Kruse. He was the ONLY good option for BW against HC. Fangman struggled missing a lot of shots.

 

Those 2 are it though.

Let's be fair to Kruse. He was the ONLY good option for BW against HC. Fangman struggled missing a lot of shots.

 

Those 2 are it though.

 

You are right. Maus needs to produce offensively. He can shoot but there is too much finesse in his game.

Wow!! Tyler Fangman gets 45 against Boone. The kid can shoot, there is no doubt about that. Impressive.

 

As to the Tigers as a team, there just isn't a good flow for them on offense. Cruse needs to get it together in the tough games and help Fangman out. There is virtually no inside game for Beechwood. If they could get Maus to play stronger inside on the offensive end, it would be huge. Maus does a decent job banging on defense but he doesn't play tough enough on offense. I think he needs to hit the weights and get stronger. Both Cruse and Maus need to produce some points inside against the big boys for Beechwood to have a chance against the top shelf teams like Boone Co. It is easy when you are 6'5" against the A teams but when you get against the big schools, height alone doesn't get it done. Those are the three that need to make it happen for Beechwood.

 

I am curious, for those that were at the game, did Eyckmans play any? That matchup against Brown would have been interesting to see. Some serious beef going at it if those two got on the floor together.

 

Eckymans did play and he played pretty well. He came in in the 2nd half and seemed to frustrate Brown a little bit. Both are very strong and I thought Eckymans did a good job getting physical with him. He is really starting to look like a pretty good option for the Tigers. A lot of that rust is starting to fall off.

When Kruse decides to play he is as good as anyone in the region! He scored 17 of his 24 points against Holy Cross in the 4th and OT periods. He was very tough to defend when he went to the basket. Other nights he might as well stay on the bus! At times he looks lost on the floor on both ends of the court! Tough to figure out, but when he decides to put it all together watch out!!! He will be fun to watch play!

Eckymans did play and he played pretty well. He came in in the 2nd half and seemed to frustrate Brown a little bit. Both are very strong and I thought Eckymans did a good job getting physical with him. He is really starting to look like a pretty good option for the Tigers. A lot of that rust is starting to fall off.

 

Brown played through Eckymans defense and went through the night unfrustrated. Eckymans footwork could not keep up with Brown down low on moves to the basket. I will say Eckymans did force Brown to fight harder for block position, but once the ball was delivered it was either an easy two or a foul. The hard foul by Kruse ticked him Trevan little, but he managed to keep his composure and finised out with maybe two fouls himself unlike the last two games where he fouled out very early.

Brown played through Eckymans defense and went through the night unfrustrated. Eckymans footwork could not keep up with Brown down low on moves to the basket. I will say Eckymans did force Brown to fight harder for block position, but once the ball was delivered it was either an easy two or a foul. The hard foul by Kruse ticked him Trevan little, but he managed to keep his composure and finised out with maybe two fouls himself unlike the last two games where he fouled out very early.

 

Brown was very tough on the block and gave Maus fits all night. The kid scored 20 something for the game so no one really stopped him. But I thought Eckymans played a little more physical with him and made him work for it. He did lose his composure for a second on the Cruse foul. I wasn't keeping track of how many he scored on both kids but I felt like Eckymans made him work a little harder for the ball. He is a very talented big man who finished extremely well.

Brown was very tough on the block and gave Maus fits all night. The kid scored 20 something for the game so no one really stopped him. But I thought Eckymans played a little more physical with him and made him work for it. He did lose his composure for a second on the Cruse foul. I wasn't keeping track of how many he scored on both kids but I felt like Eckymans made him work a little harder for the ball. He is a very talented big man who finished extremely well.

 

Tigers, bottom line turn the ball over way too much. Youth, with not enough experience against varsity presses. Better since they moved Fangman to point guard, example Holy Cross second time around should have beat them. Tigers are very young and that will lead too many turnovers, which leads to many layups for opposing teams.

This was a tight game until about the 3 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. Boone went to a trapping zone on Fangman and no one else would step up for Beechwood. Kind of the same theme the entire year. The big guys for the Tigers seem to disappear in the big games. Youth for ya I guess.

 

Qryche I do not care if the Tigers gave up 150 points the game Fangman played was by far the best performance I have seen this year, and maybe for several years before that. If Shumate let him he could easily lead the state in scoring. Agaisnt the DIII teams if he played more than a quarter and a half a game before being pulled he would put up 40 a night. He scores well against the others schools even though they put their best defender or defenders on him. Not a team in the state this kid would not start on!

 

I have to respectfully disagree with this one. I can almost guarantee he wouldn't start for J'town, Eastern, Ballard, or Clark Co, among others and I'm sure there's more than a handful of teams around the state and even in this region that he wouldn't start for. Very good player, but let's not go overboard.

I have to respectfully disagree with this one. I can almost guarantee he wouldn't start for J'town, Eastern, Ballard, or Clark Co, among others and I'm sure there's more than a handful of teams around the state and even in this region that he wouldn't start for. Very good player, but let's not go overboard.

 

Walter have you even seen this kid play this year!

I wonder how good Campbell County would be if Fangman had stayed there. He would give them a third scorer that can create his own shot, and could have made them the second-best team in the 10th Region.

45 out of 67 points? No offense to Boone but it's obvious who they needed to stop, but they didn't! Basically 5 players Vs 1? Should have been a 40 point win! They are a regional contender are they not?

 

Manny, I think the poster meant that if Fangman was on those teams they would be a bit better and even more of a threat, not that he will score that many points every night, or even close. But, I agree, Beechwood is a great fit for him!

Walter have you even seen this kid play this year!

 

I will see him play tonight when Beechwood travels to Holmes. Check back with me then.

:puke:

 

 

 

It doesn't matter what the final score was or the margin of defeat from a regional contender, it was a great accomplishment for this kid. You probably never accomplished anything like this....admit that you're just jealous.

 

I think my post probably wasn't written very well as everyone seems to think I am discrediting the young man. I am very impressed with the accomplishment and far from jealous. My point is I am sure Mr. Fangman would give up 20 of those points for a Win over Boone Co and possibly holding them to less than 12 pts from 100.

 

He is an nice player who shoots the ball very well. His Dad is a good guy as well so let me clear this up right now. I was not discrediting his accomplishment so I apologize if anyone took it that way.

Eckymans did play and he played pretty well. He came in in the 2nd half and seemed to frustrate Brown a little bit. Both are very strong and I thought Eckymans did a good job getting physical with him. He is really starting to look like a pretty good option for the Tigers. A lot of that rust is starting to fall off.

 

Who is Eckyman? Do you mean Erdman?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.