Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC Next 3

Featured Replies

I will root for UC to make the tournament. I still believe an overall issue for Mick and UC is to get the fans out. I don't know what else they can do, as they play in a very tough conference, and are certainly competitive. In the end, Nancy Zimpher may ultimately be the impetus for the ousting of three UC coaches, Huggins, Kennedy (who got hosed), and Mick, because fans haven't forgiven the administration for letting Huggs go.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will root for UC to make the tournament. I still believe an overall issue for Mick and UC is to get the fans out. I don't know what else they can do, as they play in a very tough conference, and are certainly competitive. In the end, Nancy Zimpher may ultimately be the impetus for the ousting of three UC coaches, Huggins, Kennedy (who got hosed), and Mick, because fans haven't forgiven the administration for letting Huggs go.

 

I definitely agree with this; many are still unhappy about the circus created from Zimpher. Personally, I believe that it's been long enough, but she undoubtedly caused damage to the basketball program.

I'm a huge UC fan and she ruined that program when Huggins left. If Huggins had stayed they would've had O.J Mayo and Bill Walker from North College Hill. That would've added many more top recruits as well. If he had stayed UC would have one or two national championships in the past 5 years.

I'm a huge UC fan and she ruined that program when Huggins left. If Huggins had stayed they would've had O.J Mayo and Bill Walker from North College Hill. That would've added many more top recruits as well. If he had stayed UC would have one or two national championships in the past 5 years.
You are a huge UC fan! :lol:
I'm a huge UC fan and she ruined that program when Huggins left. If Huggins had stayed they would've had O.J Mayo and Bill Walker from North College Hill. That would've added many more top recruits as well. If he had stayed UC would have one or two national championships in the past 5 years.

 

That's insane.

I don't believe that Mayo would have stayed at the college level long no matter where he went.

  • Author
On somewhat of a sidenote....Could the successful start to the season end up hurting Mick? After starting 15-0, if UC doesn't make the dance, will that have a negative impact on Mick's job security?

 

I'd say the failure to make the tourney would not get him canned. If he doesn't handle it well publicly then that could be a different story.

I'm a huge UC fan and she ruined that program when Huggins left. If Huggins had stayed they would've had O.J Mayo and Bill Walker from North College Hill. That would've added many more top recruits as well. If he had stayed UC would have one or two national championships in the past 5 years.

 

:lol:

  • Author

Palm's latest has UC finishing with an RPI of 93.

I don't believe that Mayo would have stayed at the college level long no matter where he went.

 

I didn't mean because he didn't stay in school. We all knew he was 1 and done.

I'm a huge UC fan and she ruined that program when Huggins left. If Huggins had stayed they would've had O.J Mayo and Bill Walker from North College Hill. That would've added many more top recruits as well. If he had stayed UC would have one or two national championships in the past 5 years.

 

I think Mayo was going to USC regardless.

 

Walker and Beasley both would've likely ended up at UC though, IMO.

 

As far as the last sentence, I'm a HUGE UC fan as well and even I see that as a stretch. I definetly think had Huggs or even Kennedy stayed,however, UC would consistantly be one of the top 5 teams in the Big East.

 

It hasn't really been mentioned and maybe it's just me thinking too in depth, but how much did the loss of Jordan Brand as a sponsor hurt the program? Off the court, that was a staple of the UC progam which helped attract recruits..

Huggs wasn't going to bring Delonte Hill on staff at UC, so there was no way Beasley was going to UC. Might have gotten Walker, but a lot of that went down in the year off where Huggs had zero recruiting restrictions. Huggs quit recruiting a year and a half before he got fired, so he gets just as much blame as Zitler...

Huggs wasn't going to bring Delonte Hill on staff at UC, so there was no way Beasley was going to UC. Might have gotten Walker, but a lot of that went down in the year off where Huggs had zero recruiting restrictions. Huggs quit recruiting a year and a half before he got fired, so he gets just as much blame as Zitler...

 

He quit recruiting?

He quit recruiting?

 

Saying he gave a token effort is being nice. Stumbled on one gem in Downey. The rest was either garbage or too troubled to ever see the court. A few were both...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.