Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC Next 3

Featured Replies

  • Author
Top 10 teams in the Big East are something like 27-2 at home in league play. Much easier to say they should beat top 15 teams on the road than actually doing it...

 

I heard that stat tonight. Crazy.

 

So the key to UC gaining an invite to the Dance is taking care of business at home.

 

Can they?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can they?

 

We'll see. Need to get SK involved much earlier if the struggles on O are going to be resolved before they get down by 10 with 12 minutes on the clock...

Well, at least I won some money on ND -4.5.

 

At this point, I'll be surprised if UC makes the tournament.

Top 10 teams in the Big East are something like 27-2 at home in league play. Much easier to say they should beat top 15 teams on the road than actually doing it...

 

While that stat is great and I didn't expect UC to win at ND or at Syracuse the way they lost is tough. They can't score enough to beat good teams on the road. Hopefully they can get hot a game or two and win against a big time opponent on the road and win their home games.

While that stat is great and I didn't expect UC to win at ND or at Syracuse the way they lost is tough. They can't score enough to beat good teams on the road. Hopefully they can get hot a game or two and win against a big time opponent on the road and win their home games.

 

While you are right in that they have struggled to score on the road, they did put up 39 in the 2nd half last night. Mick has got to figure out a way to get this team to perform from the get go and not just when they fall down by double digits. He has got to put Kilpatrick in the starting rotation and at least see if his best offensive player can be a boost early...

On somewhat of a sidenote....Could the successful start to the season end up hurting Mick? After starting 15-0, if UC doesn't make the dance, will that have a negative impact on Mick's job security?

While you are right in that they have struggled to score on the road, they did put up 39 in the 2nd half last night. Mick has got to figure out a way to get this team to perform from the get go and not just when they fall down by double digits. He has got to put Kilpatrick in the starting rotation and at least see if his best offensive player can be a boost early...

 

Kind of reminds me of the Huggins days when they had Bobbitt. Granted they had some studs in the starting rotation, his best player/scorer came off the bench.

 

These are not those Huggins teams...Cronin needs to get SK in there and let things play out. I think him and Dixon would be a nice guard tandem.

  • Author

We X fans are in a quandry.

 

We have already lost to UC. With UC's slide we're now afraid it's going to show up in the "bad loss" column.

 

Do we root for UC to do well?

On somewhat of a sidenote....Could the successful start to the season end up hurting Mick? After starting 15-0, if UC doesn't make the dance, will that have a negative impact on Mick's job security?

 

GT would likely know more, but regardless of what happens this year, I give Mick til the end of next year and if things still don't work out with what they return and have coming in, I say he has to go. UC has consistantly brought in top 150 talent and has nothing to show for it. Very frustrating.

We X fans are in a quandry.

 

We have already lost to UC. With UC's slide we're now afraid it's going to show up in the "bad loss" column.

 

Do we root for UC to do well?

 

I really don't see why some are so down on UC's recent losing skid. I realize it's about the way they lost but they lost to the #4, #7, and #16 team in the country ON THE ROAD.

 

Let's see how they do at home against the rest of their conference schedule. IMO, if UC takes care of business at home they should be fine.

  • Author
I really don't see why some are so down on UC's recent losing skid. I realize it's about the way they lost but they lost to the #4, #7, and #16 team in the country ON THE ROAD.

 

Let's see how they do at home against the rest of their conference schedule. IMO, if UC takes care of business at home they should be fine.

 

Don't be sensitive. I'm just having a little fun at UC's expense. It's the least I can do after the Crosstown.

Don't be sensitive. I'm just having a little fun at UC's expense. It's the least I can do after the Crosstown.

 

I'm not being sensitive at all, Clyde.

 

I completely understand where you're coming from.

I could see Mick's getting the axe if they really, really struggle in the Big East. I'm talking like 2-3 wins type of struggle. UC is better than that. I don't see that happening.

 

And Clyde, it's "quandary". :D

  • Author
I could see Mick's getting the axe if they really, really struggle in the Big East. I'm talking like 2-3 wins type of struggle. UC is better than that. I don't see that happening.

 

And Clyde, it's "quandary". :D

 

Now you've ruined my day. Of course, it might lead to a new avatar.

I really don't see why some are so down on UC's recent losing skid. I realize it's about the way they lost but they lost to the #4, #7, and #16 team in the country ON THE ROAD.

 

Let's see how they do at home against the rest of their conference schedule. IMO, if UC takes care of business at home they should be fine.

 

I still agree with this; there's definitely no reason to worry about their tournament chances yet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.