Dixie Heights 87 Ashland 77

The best part about his game is he doesn't force anything.

What impressed me the most about Hatton's game from a pure spectator standpoint is the body control he has and the amount of hang time he has in the lane. There were several times tonight when he drove the lane, leaped, and simply stayed up in the air longer than the defender to get easy shots off.

He also has great form on his shot. He isn't gonna miss too many open looks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is very quick with the ball and had some nice no look passes tonight that his teammates couldn't handle.

Anyone else notice Pike being very quiet/frustrated tonight? Chevy called in to him several times while he was out on the floor and he simply looked over, gave him a look, and turned away. Then during several timeouts, if he wasn't in, he just stood off to the side. Not sure if something was bothering him or not, but he definetly seemed frustrated with his teammates and coach despite a lopsided score much of the game.

I didn't pick up on it....maybe after the excitement of the prior night, this one seemed boring...don't know.

Sounds low. Didnt he average around 10 PPG last year?

In '09 the KHSAA site shows he did average 10 per game but the regional game against Holmes wasn't reported, they have 142 in 14 games. In '08 he had 49 points but the district finals and regional first round game weren't included.

In '09 the KHSAA site shows he did average 10 per game but the regional game against Holmes wasn't reported, they have 142 in 14 games. In '08 he had 49 points but the district finals and regional first round game weren't included.

Why did he only play in 14 games last year?

Last year Hatton averaged 13.5 ppg. Dixie played 28 games that totals 375 for the year. I don't know why but the last 8 games wasn't reported. Hatton's 7th grade year there were also games not reported and he ended up with right around 80. I can't believe some coaches are so bad with the stats being reported correctly. Kids play there tails off and deserve the correct stats to be reported.

Last year Hatton averaged 13.5 ppg. Dixie played 28 games that totals 375 for the year. I don't know why but the last 8 games wasn't reported. Hatton's 7th grade year there were also games not reported and he ended up with right around 80. I can't believe some coaches are so bad with the stats being reported correctly. Kids play there tails off and deserve the correct stats to be reported.
:thumb:

I didn't pick up on it....maybe after the excitement of the prior night, this one seemed boring...don't know.

I saw Zeke yucking it up with his mates... certainly nothing negative to pick on. I noticed him tweak his ankle/foot late in the first quarter. After building a second quarter lead there was ample opportunity to give him a rest.

There are plenty of positive things to focus on with this year's Dixie squad. The first quarter was one of the more entertaining 8 minutes of basketball you can expect to see. Well played by both teams:clap:

Anyone come up with a box score on this one?

Really surprised by the lack of coverage for this local tourney.

They've brought teams in from out of town to make it more interesting and I'm struggling to find anything about it online. :confused:

Anyone come up with a box score on this one?

Really surprised by the lack of coverage for this local tourney.

They've brought teams in from out of town to make it more interesting and I'm struggling to find anything about it online. :confused:

When The Post closed so did the coverage of NKY prep sports, its really a shame.

When The Post closed so did the coverage of NKY prep sports, its really a shame.

RC - AGREE 100%! One would think that with 3 sports reporters that claim they cover NKY prep sports, every game could have some type of coverage or at least a box score. But noooooooo, 90% of the stories on NKY.com are negative and will never change.....prep sports is one of the few positive daily activites that go on in this country! BGP members should demand better coverage :irked: