December 20, 201015 yr Always nice for the Eagles to get a win over the Giants. This one was huge and a fun one to watch in the end.
December 20, 201015 yr I'm a Cowboys fan and I was GLUED to this one the entire 2nd half and the games were on right beside each other at the bar I watch from...Vick has proven me wrong.
December 20, 201015 yr NYG had to work very, very hard to los that game but they managed to get it done. Up 3yd's with 8 minutes to go there are no excuse that xould possibly be made for losing that game. The punter just topped off a complete team failure imo. The Giants lost this game rather than Philly winning it. JMO.
December 20, 201015 yr He's an easy scapegoat. Stupid punt but a)they were up 21 late in the game and b)there were still 10 other guys on the punt team that didn't make a play. :thumb: No way that anyone can justify that punt but that one kick didn't score 3td's to tie the game before that kick. Giants do their job before the punt and that is a no issue.
December 20, 201015 yr Matt Dodge should be released...but the giants gave this one away. It will be interesting to see how this team responds. :thumb: It's hard to lay all the blame on one guy when you blow a lead that big in less than 10 minutes. The game against Green Bay is huge next week. Could very well determine that Wild Card slot in the NFC.
December 20, 201015 yr True, but Dodge has made plenty of mistakes before this one. There is no excuse for not kicking that ball out of bounds. However, like I said in the post you quoted, the Giants gave this one away...not just Matt Dodge. I'd like to go back to the Eagles successful onside kick. What exactly did the Giants think was going to happen there? Special teams coach cost them this game.
December 20, 201015 yr Eagles celebrating: http://www.the700level.com/2010/12/shawn-andrews-would-like-to-say-what-u-nope-just-a-head-scratch.html
December 20, 201015 yr I'd like to go back to the Eagles successful onside kick. What exactly did the Giants think was going to happen there? Special teams coach cost them this game. Not sure really. I'm still trying to figure out how the Giants gave this one away. Coming away from this game though I learned two things. The Giants, when playing their best, are very good. However they can obviously quickly start playing very bad. I just hope the giants go on one of those runs like they did in 2007.
December 20, 201015 yr Not sure really. I'm still trying to figure out how the Giants gave this one away. Coming away from this game though I learned two things. The Giants, when playing their best, are very good. However they can obviously quickly start playing very bad. I just hope the giants go on one of those runs like they did in 2007. If they don't find a way to beat Green Bay next week, there's a good chance they'll be watching the playoffs from the couch...Of course, that probably also means Cowher is the HC next season, so maybe as a Giants fan, that wouldn't be so bad...:idunno:
December 21, 201015 yr I'm a Cowboys fan and always hated the Eagles, especially guys like Donovan McNabb, Lito Sheppard, Brian Westbrook, and everybody else who burnt the Cowboys over the years. However, I must say I really think I want them to win the super bowl this year and I think that just shows how much I like Mike Vick. I feel so guilty, and even bad saying this, but I also love watching Jackson, Maclin and McCoy play. I was praying the Cowboys took a top WR in the draft for years, and I wanted both Jackson and Maclin so bad, but sadly I had to watch them go to the Eagles. I guess you could imagine how happy I was when they finally took one and ended up with a stud in Dez Bryant. Vick has been my favorite NFL player ever since Troy, Emmit, and The Playmaker all stepped aside, and being a VT fan I have loved Vick ever since his Tech days, so seeing him go to the Eagles was also a dagger through the heart. Now I have to have that sick to my stomach feeling of watching guys I really like and really enjoy watching play perform for a team that I only hate less than the Giants, Colts, and Redskins. Oh well, I guess I'll get over it.
December 21, 201015 yr If they don't find a way to beat Green Bay next week, there's a good chance they'll be watching the playoffs from the couch...Of course, that probably also means Cowher is the HC next season, so maybe as a Giants fan, that wouldn't be so bad...:idunno: I realize that but the way i see it is if they don't beat Green Bay they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways. If Coughlin fails to get the giants to the playoffs I guess it's possible they might fire him but I'm not sure. He has only missed the playoffs once in the last 4 or 5 years and he won it all in 07-08. I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way. If they do let him go, Cowher would be a good replacement. Either way I'd rather the giants just win it all this year lol.
December 21, 201015 yr I don't see why the Giants would want to get rid of Coughlin. He's been pretty darn good for them. What did Cowher do in Pittsburgh that exceeds Coughlin's achievements in New York? I'm guessing they'd have to pay Cowher more. They'd be making a lateral move for more money, IMO.
December 21, 201015 yr I don't see why the Giants would want to get rid of Coughlin. He's been pretty darn good for them. What did Cowher do in Pittsburgh that exceeds Coughlin's achievements in New York? I'm guessing they'd have to pay Cowher more. They'd be making a lateral move for more money, IMO. The reasoning I heard yesterday was that if they miss the playoffs again this year, that'll be 2 straight seasons, which is not acceptable with the talent level they have. Couple that with the fact that Coughlin is only under contract for next year, and he'll be wanting an extension, and it makes sense that if they're going to have to pay to keep him, they'd be just as content to go bring Cowher in and get a fresh start.
December 21, 201015 yr I don't see why the Giants would want to get rid of Coughlin. He's been pretty darn good for them. What did Cowher do in Pittsburgh that exceeds Coughlin's achievements in New York? I'm guessing they'd have to pay Cowher more. They'd be making a lateral move for more money, IMO. The reasoning I heard yesterday was that if they miss the playoffs again this year, that'll be 2 straight seasons, which is not acceptable with the talent level they have. Couple that with the fact that Coughlin is only under contract for next year, and he'll be wanting an extension, and it makes sense that if they're going to have to pay to keep him, they'd be just as content to go bring Cowher in and get a fresh start. Coughlin has also been with the Giants for 6 seasons now. That is a pretty good stay with a team. Tom is also more old school than most and I, personally, just feel that type of coaching wears on a team after a while. Not saying he has done anything bad, just that a change of culture is sometimes needed. The NFL is so week-to-week. Had you asked this question 10 weeks ago, most would have thought he would be out, no questions asked.
December 21, 201015 yr We're still a long way from having to worry about Coughlin being fired IMO. One win and the giants are probably in the playoffs.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.