Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Things overheard at Rupp Arena

Featured Replies

I never sugested this is a UK website and could care less who is on here, my point is though if you hate UK fans as bad as Jim does, why would you go to UK threads? I live in TN and don't see myself leaving anytime soon either and i have to deal with many UT fans daily, but I certainly wouldn't choose sites and or THREADS more importantly about UT if I didn't want "them in my living room". If you read what he said, it just appears that in one sense he can't get away from us crazy UK fans no matter how hard he tries, yet is on most UK threads on here. Seems like if you really wanted to get away from us you could. You choose not too.

 

It's not that simple, unfortunately. My job requires me to deal with them. I figure it's good public service to help guide the crazy ones toward a more reasonable path.

 

I totally agree with your bolded statement, but the threads that he chooses to read and post in alot of times do. I think what i'm trying to say is it seems a pretty simple solution if he really doesn't want to talk UK sports.

 

It's not that I don't want to talk about UK sports. I watch UK as much as I do Louisville.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you just like to punish yourself? I tend to stay away from things I dislike, I'm a crazy UK fan though so I guess I don't make much sense. No biggie, I just thought it funny that you can't get away from us yet you search us out. Thanks for trying to guide us to a more reasonable path. Now I get it. Peace, Love, and Reason!

Yeah, but I don't live amongst those folks. I think George from "Hoosiers" said it best:

 

I enjoyed that.

Could have been worse. You didn't sit beside the guy who knows the officals by name and thinks his 2 years of ref experience at elementary school games qualifies him to question the officiating.

 

At halftime of a game I went to a few years ago a guy was going on and on about one of the refs he felt was being unjust to UK. He said, "UK would have better luck playing Cuba with Castro calling the game than with that ref!"

I go to Bengals games and cringe. It amazes me how football ignorant most of those people are who pay $75 or more to be at those games. UK fans are great though especially the ones that refer to the team as "We"!

 

I can't stand when any fan of any team of any sport refers to their team as we. Drives me nuts. The guy that sits behind me at work is a Cowboys fan and always does that when talking about the Cowboys.

 

A university is all about community. If you are an alum, at the games and/or funneling thousands of dollars a year to support a university's athletic programs, by way of tickets and donations. I have no problem with "we".

A university is all about community. If you are an alum, at the games and/or funneling thousands of dollars a year to support a university's athletic programs, by way of tickets and donations. I have no problem with "we".

 

I don't either. I am talking about the common fan that couldn't name 5 people on the team but when things are going good it's we we we.

Decent thread.

 

But, if you want some real fun, Use the same title for a thread right after the Sweet 16 boys basketball state tournament. Now, that's more fun that anyone should be allowed to have just listening to people talk.

 

Best places to hear the best quotes ever: In the upper arena anytime there's enough people up there to start a decent fight; In the concourse near any soft serve machine during halftime, game breaks; and of course anywhere near the Hyatt Bar just before or after an evening session.

Have to share this one. Was at the scorer's table for a recent girls' high school game sitting in front of the visitors in the stands where a father, who hadn't stopped yelling at the refs and/or his daughter's team all night, made this gem: "Stop passing so much and dribble the ball!!!"

 

Of course that made the coach VERY happy. ;)

One of the best one liners I have heard at Rupp was a few years ago. Smooth Bradley was having a bad game and had missed three or four shots under the basket. He didn't only miss them but hit the rim on the underneath side. A guy in front of me said to his buddy that they would have to repaint the underside of the rims after this game if Smooth kept shooting the ball. :lol::lol:

This is funny... I asked a friend of mine who was complaining about the officals, that has the officals ever helped out UK? She claimed "no, because it's a known fact that all officals hate UK". You can't make stuff like that up... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.