Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Things overheard at Rupp Arena

Featured Replies

I was able to score some tickets and went to last night's UK/MVS game at Rupp. It was the first time in over 20 years that I sat in the cattle call known as the upper arena. It may be another 20 years (and 20 fewer pounds) before I try that again :lol:

 

My game experience was enhanced by a pair of elderly season ticket holders who sat right behind me. Next to them was a UK fan from Louisville. So needless to say, I didn't need Tom Leach and Mike Pratt in my ear providing the details of the game. Here are some of the nuggets I was provided with free of charge from the upper level of Rupp.

 

On the UK band

 

"You would think they would learn a new song or two. Those songs were Rupp's favorties I think"

 

On the importance of free throws

 

"Making free throws is an important part of scoring points."

 

On Mike Hartline

 

"I hate it for Hartline. He's not been found guilty of anything. I think those Lexington cops are just looking for UK players to arrest."

 

On how Lexington Police and Louisville Police differ

 

"The Louisville police go out of their way to not arrest Louisville players when they do something wrong."

 

On the UK playing career of MVS Sean Woods

 

"It was a shame that team lost to Georgetown in the Final Four. I thought they were going to win it all that year."

 

When it was pointed out that Woods played for Pitino in the 1990s....

 

"At least he got a championship ring then."

 

Grandma then chimed in on Josh Harralson

 

"I could just take that boy home with me. He's so good looking. He's another George Clooney"

 

Following Darius Miller's first basket of the game

 

"Calipari has to let him shoot more. Miller would be an All-American if Calipari let him shoot as much as Knight."

 

When the 40 players gathered at midcourt at halftime as part of the Joe Hall tribute, the fan from Louisville asked...

 

"Where is Richie Farmer?"

 

Something no UK fan ever discusses

 

"These officials are just out to get UK. We never get a fairly-called game."

 

More free throw knowledge and how it relates to the game.

 

"Making two of three is better than not making any I guess."

 

Upon spotting a female sitting in the high priced lower level seats just off the floor

 

"Why would anyone wear a red shirt to a UK game?"

 

:lol::lol::lol:

 

Just an entertaining night all around. I'm sure you've had these people sit around you at games before, offering unsolicited commentary on anything and everything.

 

I felt like Jim Carrey listening to Victoria Rowell at the bar in that scene in Dumb and Dumber. :lol:

 

And you guys wonder why I'm so harsh on Wildcat fans. Like shooting fish in a bucket ...

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you guys wonder why I'm so harsh on Wildcat fans. Like shooting fish in a bucket ...

 

I like you, Jim.. But nobody wonders why you are so harsh on Wildcat fans. You make it perfectly clear. :lol:

Every fan base has people like that. Go to games of other teams you will hear all kinds of nonsense.

I go to Bengals games and cringe. It amazes me how football ignorant most of those people are who pay $75 or more to be at those games. UK fans are great though especially the ones that refer to the team as "We"!

Every fan base has people like that. Go to games of other teams you will hear all kinds of nonsense.

 

Yeah, but I don't live amongst those folks. I think George from "Hoosiers" said it best:

 

Look mister, there's two kinds of dumb: a guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and a guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.
Yeah, but I don't live amongst those folks. I think George from "Hoosiers" said it best:

 

You could start by not hanging out on website that are frequented by UK fans, that would "get them out of your living room". I mean, if I despised something as bad as you do UK fans, I'd do everything in my power to stay away from them.

You could start by not hanging out on website that are frequented by UK fans, that would "get them out of your living room". I mean, if I despised something as bad as you do UK fans, I'd do everything in my power to stay away from them.

 

To be fair, this isn't a UK website. It just happens to have more high school sports fans that are UK fans than fans of other schools. But what brings the majority of people here has nothing to do with UK.

 

I think what I'm trying to say is, the world doesn't revolve around UK. :D

You could start by not hanging out on website that are frequented by UK fans, that would "get them out of your living room". I mean, if I despised something as bad as you do UK fans, I'd do everything in my power to stay away from them.

 

And to piggyback on RM, no it wouldn't. I still live in Kentucky, have lived here all my life and have no intention of leaving -- I have just as much right to be here as "Big Blue Nation" -- so leaving BGP wouldn't solve that problem. Thanks for suggesting I leave what you think is a private party, though.

 

Since UK fans love to relish in their ridiculous behavior -- and the ones who aren't acting ridiculous would rather use the lame-o "other fan bases do it" excuse rather than call out the looneys in their midst -- it's up to me to try and make the world a better place.

Yeah, but I don't live amongst those folks. I think George from "Hoosiers" said it best:

 

Your coaching days are over.

To be fair, this isn't a UK website. It just happens to have more high school sports fans that are UK fans than fans of other schools. But what brings the majority of people here has nothing to do with UK.

 

I think what I'm trying to say is, the world doesn't revolve around UK. :D

 

It doesn't? :D

I go to Bengals games and cringe. It amazes me how football ignorant most of those people are who pay $75 or more to be at those games. UK fans are great though especially the ones that refer to the team as "We"!

I can't stand when any fan of any team of any sport refers to their team as we. Drives me nuts. The guy that sits behind me at work is a Cowboys fan and always does that when talking about the Cowboys.

I like you, Jim.. But nobody wonders why you are so harsh on Wildcat fans. You make it perfectly clear. :lol:

 

:lol: :popcorn:

I think what I'm trying to say is, the world doesn't revolve around UK. :D

 

:confused:Since when? :p

I never sugested this is a UK website and could care less who is on here, my point is though if you hate UK fans as bad as Jim does, why would you go to UK threads? I live in TN and don't see myself leaving anytime soon either and i have to deal with many UT fans daily, but I certainly wouldn't choose sites and or THREADS more importantly about UT if I didn't want "them in my living room". If you read what he said, it just appears that in one sense he can't get away from us crazy UK fans no matter how hard he tries, yet is on most UK threads on here. Seems like if you really wanted to get away from us you could. You choose not too.

To be fair, this isn't a UK website. It just happens to have more high school sports fans that are UK fans than fans of other schools. But what brings the majority of people here has nothing to do with UK.

 

I think what I'm trying to say is, the world doesn't revolve around UK. :D

 

I totally agree with your bolded statement, but the threads that he chooses to read and post in alot of times do. I think what i'm trying to say is it seems a pretty simple solution if he really doesn't want to talk UK sports.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.