Has Ohio State ever?????

sportsfan41

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how SEC fans like to talk trash about Ohio State. Ohio State has been to and won more BCS games than any other school but they still get no respect. Yes their record in bowl games against the SEC is 0-9 but they are 7-2-2 in regural season games. That stat never gets brought up. You always here about how many more athletes the SEC has than the Big Ten and that is true because of one reason, oversigning. Take Arkansas for instance, in the last five recruiting classes they have signed 135 players to Ohio States 99, for those that don't want to do the math that is a difference of 36 players. While the SEC schools are jerking scholarships and forcing kids to take medical hardships so they can stay at the 85 scholarship limit, Ohio State stays under the 85 scholarship limit and awards scholarships to fourth and fifth year walk on players who have busted their but for the team. If you don't think the oversigning provides SEC teams with a distinct advantage than I would day you are just wearing your SEC glasses. I am not saying they are breaking the rules in doing this but they are definetly beniding them for a competative advantage. The SEC has changed the rule to signing no more that 28 per class but that still equates to 112 for a four year period in which you can only keep 85. What happens to the other 27 kids?

I love how SEC fans like to talk trash about Ohio State. Ohio State has been to and won more BCS games than any other school but they still get no respect. Yes their record in bowl games against the SEC is 0-9 but they are 7-2-2 in regural season games. That stat never gets brought up. You always here about how many more athletes the SEC has than the Big Ten and that is true because of one reason, oversigning. Take Arkansas for instance, in the last five recruiting classes they have signed 135 players to Ohio States 99, for those that don't want to do the math that is a difference of 36 players. While the SEC schools are jerking scholarships and forcing kids to take medical hardships so they can stay at the 85 scholarship limit, Ohio State stays under the 85 scholarship limit and awards scholarships to fourth and fifth year walk on players who have busted their but for the team. If you don't think the oversigning provides SEC teams with a distinct advantage than I would day you are just wearing your SEC glasses. I am not saying they are breaking the rules in doing this but they are definetly beniding them for a competative advantage. The SEC has changed the rule to signing no more that 28 per class but that still equates to 112 for a four year period in which you can only keep 85. What happens to the other 27 kids?
Who has talked trash besides you in this thread? They are 0-9 in bowl games, or 7-11-2 all time against the SEC.

The entire thread was started to talk trash!!! I simply stated facts as to why the SEC has an advantage over other schools. In every recruiting class there are going to be kids that either were overrated coming out of high school or just did not reach their potential and I don't think it is right to pull scholarships from these players. Do you not think that oversigning gives teams an advantage over teams that do not do it?

The entire thread was started to talk trash!!! I simply stated facts as to why the SEC has an advantage over other schools. In every recruiting class there are going to be kids that either were overrated coming out of high school or just did not reach their potential and I don't think it is right to pull scholarships from these players. Do you not think that oversigning gives teams an advantage over teams that do not do it?

Actually it was started to get a question answered. Maybe if you read the beginning post you would see where the question was asked.

I read the question and just assumed that anyone that ever watches ESPN or college football already knew the answer. Its mentioned on every Bowl preview show! I apologize if you really did not know the answer to your question before your asked it. As a Buckeye fan you get a little tired of hearing it. I don't feel like I was talking trash either but the post earlier stated I was.