Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bryan Station Job??

Featured Replies

I have talked to a few people and the word is they're dragging their feet. I am not sure of the reason. I have been told that quite a few people has sent resumes for the position.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this hire be another African-American coach? If so, what candidates besides the mention of Frank Parks be a possibility?

I would like to know who will get this job. I think it could be a good job but lots of work would have to be done. I could be wrong but for some of those kids it will be the third coach in three years. That alone will make this a tough situation. Whoever gets this job will have to be someone who will stick around for at least 5-10 years, earn the trust of the kids and put together a great staff in order to get things on the right track. There have been many great players go through there and there are plenty more of those great athletes walking the halls there now! If they get the right guy, I would love to see how powerful this history rich program can seriously be. Good luck to whoever is handed the keys to this program!

It is ashame they lost the coach prior to Turner he had program turned around did a great job

Lucas was the coach during the Highlands game and then left. He is one heck of a coach and I think at Manual now.

I think Doug Preston would be a good fit in this program. He is from Central Ky and I believe he would be willing to hang around and make this team realize its potential.

Athletes out of the freaking wazoo and in big numbers, that play. Very good facilities also.

 

What is their stadium like? Do they have a synthetic turf playing surface?

I think Doug Preston would be a good fit in this program. He is from Central Ky and I believe he would be willing to hang around and make this team realize its potential.

 

I think so, too. His several years experience at Louisville Western would be very similar to Bryan Station. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name come up.

What is their stadium like? Do they have a synthetic turf playing surface?

 

They have a really nice, new facility, with turf. The entire campus was remodeled a few years ago. New classrooms, new gym, new stadium, new everything.

According to a source, they conducted interviews last week, but they would not tell me any names or further information. I don't know who Station will hire on this one, but they need to get it right. They need a guy that will have some instant credibility with the kids and community when he walks in the door. It has to be a person that knows the lay of the land in Lexington well, young, willing to roll his sleeves up and get dirty, and the ability to relate to the kids on a level beyond football. Lucas done a great job there and he is a good coach. Last year was a setback and the administration cannot allow this to happen again. They next coach needs to go back and build on some of the things that Lucas did to turn it around.

does it necessarily need to be a guy of experience... at least head coaching experience.. I would think a young guy with the right stuff may be better suited,,, for a guy looking to make a name for himself, who could ask for a better situation than at Station. I dont think it needs to be a big name or anything, Look at what Steve Lickert did for Holmes High School in NKY. A guy like alot of you say, had the mentality to roll up the sleeves and not just teach football but by life through it. With the right guy, looking to do the right thing, Station could be a sleeping Giant in Kentucky football, just waiting to get woken back up from its recent history.

I think Doug Preston would be a good fit in this program. He is from Central Ky and I believe he would be willing to hang around and make this team realize its potential.

 

I agree. Doug Preston would be a top notch hire and a great fit at Station.

 

That means they probably won't do it.

They announced on the news last night that BS had their 3 finalists and interviews were either this weekend or next week?

I know 2 of the finalists were Criag Yeast and the Def Coor from this past season. I missed who the 3rd one was?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.