Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bryan Station Job??

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No word on this potential Gold Mine. I know of 2 people that have applied and as of last night one told me he has NOTHING. Currently coaching out of state, local guy, would be excellent. I would only hope that the administration of Station would get a hire in place soon so that those kids aren't cheated any opportunities.

Curious...what makes BS a potential gold mine?

Curious...what makes BS a potential gold mine?

 

Athletes out of the freaking wazoo and in big numbers, that play. Very good facilities also.

Athletes out of the freaking wazoo and in big numbers, that play. Very good facilities also.

 

Agreed!!! How does a BS team go from a wrong bounce of the ball away from upsetting Highlands in the first round of playoffs two yrs ago in Ft Thomas to last yrs dissapointing season.

I talked to a dad in Louvisville last week during the Best of Bluegrass Bowl Game and the stories he told me and my son were let s just say "I am still trying to pick my jaw up off the ground", not unbelievable more like non believable.

No way a team goes from the talent level and ability to beat eventual State Champion Highlands at Highlands to this. Something is very, very wrong at BS. JMO.

BS was a FOURTH seed in '08. Probably the best 4th seed ever!...but they were barely a .500 team. They definitely have the talent/athletes, they had good coaching (at least THAT night)...but often times the key is DISCIPLINE. Pulled them offsides twice in the final drive by going from their normal 2 pt. stance to snapping down to a 3 pt. stance....got critical first downs and kept the drive alive for the Guidugli to Collinsworth game winner! ( and on to #18). The right coach could really form a powerhouse there.

What has happen to Kenny Turner?

What has happen to Kenny Turner?

 

Resigned for health reasons. I hope all is well w/ Kenny because he's a great guy.

Resigned for health reasons. I hope all is well w/ Kenny because he's a great guy.

I was afraid of that.

Any word on the coaching search, I'm interested to see who will get this job.

I know this has nothing to do with the coaching vacancy, but back in early 70s Bryan Station came to play us(Holmes) at Tom Ellis Field. We had a pretty decent team back. Back then, visiting teams exited their locker room and had to run thru the gate and down the hill on the side of Evans Field house. I tell ya, that day they looked like the Green Bay Packers coming down that hill toward the cinder track to the field. They had this very quick small back that we could not stop that night. I believe his name was Wydell Snow, Can anyone confirm the name?

I know this has nothing to do with the coaching vacancy, but back in early 70s Bryan Station came to play us(Holmes) at Tom Ellis Field. We had a pretty decent team back. Back then, visiting teams exited their locker room and had to run thru the gate and down the hill on the side of Evans Field house. I tell ya, that day they looked like the Green Bay Packers coming down that hill toward the cinder track to the field. They had this very quick small back that we could not stop that night. I believe his name was Wydell Snow, Can anyone confirm the name?

 

I don't doubt that for a minute! Bryan Station had some great teams in the late '60s and early '70s. I know the finished second to Elizabethtown in 1969 and beat Madisonville (and Sonny Collins) in 1971. They were semifinalists in 1972 and 1973 as well. Outside of a runner-up finish in 1999 they've never really done much. One would think this program should have had more success.

With as much coaching turn around that the program has had, i think they may want to go with a young coach looking to prove himself. At least they could buy themselves a couple of years of having a coach. I know coach Turner didn't leave because of other jobs, and I wish him and his family all the luck and blessings in the world as far as his health conditions are concerned. I have not heard of any names concerning the job and would be interested in hearing some... i think the job is a GOLD MINE! if done the right way!

The talent level has always been there and will continue. They have a 7th & 8th grade traveling all-star team that was exceptional with size, speed, skill this year. If I am correct, the all-star team I am talking about was really their regular season team.

Would Frank Parks be interested? He was a Kenny Turner assistant!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.