Big Ten division names

CincySportsFan

"Legends" and "leaders" seems a little weird to me, almost like a pee wee football division name...

Legends is fine. Leaders is just stupid.

And that logo, what the heck is that? I was expecting something flashy and I think they just used some text effect stuff in Microsoft Word to generate that.

It was almost impossible to do it geographically (North-South or East-West). Figured they wouldn't do something along the lines of American-National.

Why? It seemed like a west division of Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, and Nebraska along with an east division of Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, and Penn State would have worked just fine.

Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are the big names in one, while Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State are the big names in the other. But instead they will have confusion over divisions (just like the ACC) from now on.

Why? It seemed like a west division of Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, and Nebraska along with an east division of Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, and Penn State would have worked just fine.

Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are the big names in one, while Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State are the big names in the other. But instead they will have confusion over divisions (just like the ACC) from now on.

What I was saying was that based upon the divisions that they had already created, it'd be hard to assign a designation according to geography. It wouldn't seem right for Wisconsin to be in an "East" division (because of Penn State, Ohio State, etc.)...or have Michigan in the "West" (because of Nebraska, Iowa, etc.)

What I was saying was that based upon the divisions that they had already created, it'd be hard to assign a designation according to geography. It wouldn't seem right for Wisconsin to be in an "East" division (because of Penn State, Ohio State, etc.)...or have Michigan in the "West" (because of Nebraska, Iowa, etc.)

I actually understood after I had posted but it was too late to edit. Sorry about that CSF!

Simply awful.

Way off topic, but I heard a snippet of a Joe Paterno radio interview from the weekend with a Pennsylvania radio station.

It was sad to hear and incredulous at the same time. He couldn't hear what the guy on the radio was saying...

I would think he is close to stepping down.

It was actually a Tampa radio station. It was so bad it almost seemed like a joke but you knew it wasn't.