Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Mike Brown to the Fans...."You're stuck with me"

Featured Replies

I think the best thing we can do is stop talking about the clown that is Mike Brown. As bad as it sounds the best thing we can hope for is that Mikey has the big one and joins Elizabeth in Fred Sanford's heaven or wherever.

 

I thought last night that the best thing the Bengal fans can do is to form a sponsor's boycott. Any business that sponsors a Bengal's games, the fans call and tell that they will not be patronizing their business as long as they continue to financially support Mike Brown's Bengals.

 

Hit him in his family's pocketbook.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for grins, I looked up Bengals records since their founding. While Paul was in charge of the organization, the Bengals were 171-170. Not bad since that included new franchise status. With Mikey at the wheel, the Gals are 113-203-1, which includes a winning season in Mikey's first year while Paul was still alive - for which Paul should get the credit. (followed by 14 straight non-winning seasons) So, the winning percentage under Mikey is the WORST of all NFL franchises EVER. Only Paul's success while at the helm keeps the Gals from having the worst overall winning percentage of any franchise all-time. This is not a coincidence, Mikey and Yes, we feel stuck with you. You might be a nice person, etc., but football ain't your gig. Your record speaks for itself. And, I will continue into my 11th year of not attending a game or buying a ticket or merchandise. And to think that if he just put his ego aside and paid a GM to run every aspect of football operations and enjoyed a smaller paycheck, things would be OK.

Just for grins, I looked up Bengals records since their founding. While Paul was in charge of the organization, the Bengals were 171-170. Not bad since that included new franchise status. With Mikey at the wheel, the Gals are 113-203-1, which includes a winning season in Mikey's first year while Paul was still alive - for which Paul should get the credit. (followed by 14 straight non-winning seasons) So, the winning percentage under Mikey is the WORST of all NFL franchises EVER. Only Paul's success while at the helm keeps the Gals from having the worst overall winning percentage of any franchise all-time. This is not a coincidence, Mikey and Yes, we feel stuck with you. You might be a nice person, etc., but football ain't your gig. Your record speaks for itself. And, I will continue into my 11th year of not attending a game or buying a ticket or merchandise. And to think that if he just put his ego aside and paid a GM to run every aspect of football operations and enjoyed a smaller paycheck, things would be OK.

 

A GM would help but wouldn't solve the problem. They need a scouting staff. They need people looking at college guys and pro guuys on other rosters. They need multiple opinions on players and they need to quit taking risks on players that have baggage. They need a lot. Also, he can pay himself whatever he wants and hire all the scouts and player personel people he wants. He also needs to improve the medical staff drastically. I believe the franchise is worth close to 1 Billion dollars and it didn't cost him a penny. He's rich beyond 99% of the coutry's wildest dream.

A GM would help but wouldn't solve the problem. They need a scouting staff. They need people looking at college guys and pro guuys on other rosters. They need multiple opinions on players and they need to quit taking risks on players that have baggage. They need a lot. Also, he can pay himself whatever he wants and hire all the scouts and player personel people he wants. He also needs to improve the medical staff drastically. I believe the franchise is worth close to 1 Billion dollars and it didn't cost him a penny. He's rich beyond 99% of the coutry's wildest dream.

 

Agreed. A GM with total control of football operations could handle such changes. Just don't see Mikey giving up the control and money.

I thought last night that the best thing the Bengal fans can do is to form a sponsor's boycott. Any business that sponsors a Bengal's games, the fans call and tell that they will not be patronizing their business as long as they continue to financially support Mike Brown's Bengals.

 

Hit him in his family's pocketbook.

 

Who sponsors the Bengals? Kroger & a few TV stations, and Motorola have purchased tickets to put the game on TV. Boycotting the sponsors will never work. Even if it did, the Bengals make plenty of money from the NFL...

I'm beginning to understand why some of you are Steelers fans now but I just can't bring myself to do that. I'll not cheer for the Bengals, but I just can't cheer for another team whole heartedly. I guess I'm stuck just waiting out Mr. Brown.

I'm beginning to understand why some of you are Steelers fans now but I just can't bring myself to do that. I'll not cheer for the Bengals, but I just can't cheer for another team whole heartedly. I guess I'm stuck just waiting out Mr. Brown.

 

I can't bring myself to pull for another team in the AFC North.

I can't bring myself to pull for another team in the AFC North.

 

I can't pull for anyone else with my heart. Good thing there's fantasy and gambling.

I can't pull for anyone else with my heart. Good thing there's fantasy and gambling.

 

Same here. :lol:

I'd love to hear an interviewer with some nerve, ask Mikey HOW in the world he can allow a franchise founded by his father, to become the laughing stock of professional sports that is has become under his "management"?? Mike Brown is a smart man, and has to understand in his heart that he's not very good at the football side of his business. My question would be, does he have NO PRIDE?? No matter how painful it may be to give up some control, I can't imagine ruining everything my father worked for, just to try and prove that I'm as good a football man as he was??

 

Agree with those who say nothing will ever change until the fans quit lining his pockets. I can't fathom how year after year the fans of Cincinnati keep allowing themselves to be so throughly used by a man who wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I guess P. T. Barnum was right that "a sucker is born every minute", because 70,000 of them show up 10 times a year down by the Ohio River!! :confused:

I'd love to hear an interviewer with some nerve, ask Mikey HOW in the world he can allow a franchise founded by his father, to become the laughing stock of professional sports that is has become under his "management"?? Mike Brown is a smart man, and has to understand in his heart that he's not very good at the football side of his business. My question would be, does he have NO PRIDE?? No matter how painful it may be to give up some control, I can't imagine ruining everything my father worked for, just to try and prove that I'm as good a football man as he was??

 

Agree with those who say nothing will ever change until the fans quit lining his pockets. I can't fathom how year after year the fans of Cincinnati keep allowing themselves to be so throughly used by a man who wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I guess P. T. Barnum was right that "a sucker is born every minute", because 70,000 of them show up 10 times a year down by the Ohio River!! :confused:

:thumb:
I'd love to hear an interviewer with some nerve, ask Mikey HOW in the world he can allow a franchise founded by his father, to become the laughing stock of professional sports that is has become under his "management"?? Mike Brown is a smart man, and has to understand in his heart that he's not very good at the football side of his business. My question would be, does he have NO PRIDE?? No matter how painful it may be to give up some control, I can't imagine ruining everything my father worked for, just to try and prove that I'm as good a football man as he was??

 

Agree with those who say nothing will ever change until the fans quit lining his pockets. I can't fathom how year after year the fans of Cincinnati keep allowing themselves to be so throughly used by a man who wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I guess P. T. Barnum was right that "a sucker is born every minute", because 70,000 of them show up 10 times a year down by the Ohio River!! :confused:

 

I agree. My one and only question would be,"how do you look at yourself in the mirror every day?"

I agree. My one and only question would be,"how do you look at yourself in the mirror every day?"

 

The mirror being mounted in solid gold probably makes it easier.

I thought last night that the best thing the Bengal fans can do is to form a sponsor's boycott. Any business that sponsors a Bengal's games, the fans call and tell that they will not be patronizing their business as long as they continue to financially support Mike Brown's Bengals.

 

Hit him in his family's pocketbook.

 

With the revenue sharing even the Panthers make money this year. You DO NOT have to win or be good to make money as an NFL franchise.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.