Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gottlieb says UK's Jones Overrated?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start with the obligatory Gottlieb is an idiot...

I'll start with the obligatory Gottlieb is an idiot...

:thumb:

I like Gottlieb. Jones is going to be a stud, but he has a long way to go. Sure, he's put up huge numbers & sure, he's the best big man we have. But Jones, like most freshman, needs to refine his low post moves. He has a smooth stroke, but hasn't shot the ball particularly well.

 

As far as being overrated, I didn't realize that he was thought of highly enough to be considered "overrated." I hate when people use that label...

ESPN guys know that bad mouthing UK and/or its players is an easy way to get ratings.

I like Gottlieb. Jones is going to be a stud, but he has a long way to go. Sure, he's put up huge numbers & sure, he's the best big man we have. But Jones, like most freshman, needs to refine his low post moves. He has a smooth stroke, but hasn't shot the ball particularly well.

 

As far as being overrated, I didn't realize that he was thought of highly enough to be considered "overrated." I hate when people use that label...

 

I was thinking the same thing. though I do wish he would be more physical down low.

 

As far as being overrated, I didn't realize that he was thought of highly enough to be considered "overrated." I hate when people use that label...

Might be my biggest pet peeve. People use the term "overrated" when describing how good or bad they think a team is.
  • Author
I'll start with the obligatory Gottlieb is an idiot...

 

I'm not sure there is much else we can say on this topic...Agreed!!! :D

Honestly, so far Barnes at NC seems to be the one that may be overrated. Though I realize he has huge potential to be special. Matter of time.

Honestly, so far Barnes at NC seems to be the one that may be overrated. Though I realize he has huge potential to be special. Matter of time.

 

Considering he was the first ever Freshmen to be named a pre season All American, he's not lived up to the expectations most had I'm sure.

I like Jones a lot but he's got a lot of work to do offensively. He takes way too many bad 3s and doesn't understand the concept of the DDM offense yet. However, his raw skills are hard to ignore and will make him a success defensively and rebounding. If he , to use a cliche, stays within himself he can be extremely good and UK will be better. As a group this bunch doesn't, again to use a cliche, value each possession.

 

I like Gottleib. Don't always agree but I think he's good at what he does.

I like Jones a lot but he's got a lot of work to do offensively. He takes way too many bad 3s and doesn't understand the concept of the DDM offense yet. However, his raw skills are hard to ignore and will make him a success defensively and rebounding. If he , to use a cliche, stays within himself he can be extremely good and UK will be better. As a group this bunch doesn't, again to use a cliche, value each possession.

 

I like Gottleib. Don't always agree but I think he's good at what he does.

 

What bothers me most about Jones is that he does not play to his strengths. He's left handed & a force down low. Yet he seems to turn to his left most of the time (which makes it difficult for him to use his left hand) and wants to shoot 3's. He'll learn...

I've always wondered if Gotleib cringes when he goes to a sporting event and hears the crowd yell "charge!"

I've always wondered if Gotleib cringes when he goes to a sporting event and hears the crowd yell "charge!"

Nice.

 

Never cared much for Gottlieb the basketball analyst. Do not mind him on the radio for other topics.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.