Final Four Predictions

GrizzlyAdams

If, for some strange reason, the appeal with Kanter works toward UK's favor & the big man gets to play at least half the season, would UK factor into anyone's prognostications? They wouldn't mine, but I'm curious as to what others think.

With or without Kanter, UK wouldn't beat Duke, Kansas St, Michigan St, or Ohio St.....IMO. So I guess my answer is no.

I also think teams like Villanova and Pitt would give them a lot of problems as well. Nova has Yarou and Sutton to match up with Kanter and Pitt has McGhee. Both have the guards to match up with UK.

With or without Kanter, UK wouldn't beat Duke, Kansas St, Michigan St, or Ohio St.....IMO. So I guess my answer is no.

I also think teams like Villanova and Pitt would give them a lot of problems as well. Nova has Yarou and Sutton to match up with Kanter and Pitt has McGhee. Both have the guards to match up with UK.

Most likely wouldn't beat or could not beat those teams? Anything could happen in a one loss and you're out tourney. I dont' think the best team wins the whole thing every year in March Madness. Upsets do happen.

Most likely wouldn't beat or could not beat those teams? Anything could happen in a one loss and you're out tourney. I dont' think the best team wins the whole thing every year in March Madness. Upsets do happen.

Indeed...upsets do happen.

But it's MY OPINION (key being MY opinion) that on paper the above teams are better than UK and if both played to their capabilities, the Cats would come out on the losing end. Nothing wrong with that. The 6 teams I listed are VERY GOOD and UK is extremely young. As shown last year against West Va, experience beats out talent more often than not.

I'll play the odds...

Michigan State - I figure I've got a 50/50 chance at least with Izzo coaching.

Duke - About the same.

Kansas

North Carolina

I might like this pick if Josh Selby were eligible.

Against a team with a good front court, Kansas will struggle IMO. The Morris brothers can only do so much.

Indeed...upsets do happen.

But it's MY OPINION (key being MY opinion) that on paper the above teams are better than UK and if both played to their capabilities, the Cats would come out on the losing end. Nothing wrong with that. The 6 teams I listed are VERY GOOD and UK is extremely young. As shown last year against West Va, experience beats out talent more often than not.

I agree, I just hate saying that a team cannot beat another team in the NCAA tourney. Anything could happen.

Either way I'm taking Sparty to win it all.

I agree, I just hate saying that a team cannot beat another team in the NCAA tourney. Anything could happen.

Either way I'm taking Sparty to win it all.

And we're on the same page Mr. Cats.

Sparty isn't a bad pick either considering they've been to, I believe, 6 final fours in the past 12 years.

I agree. The best team does not always win it. I felt last year was a good example. Duke was very fortunate to win it (probably the 4th or 5th best team imo). UCLA is another example in 1995, as was UK in 1998.