Henry County will be needing a new head coach.

'ol#70

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a very reliable source that the problems at Henry lie with a couple of the big dogs at Central Office. As a matter of fact, the two biggest dogs of the bunch.

Very unfortunate if that's the case at HC. I can think of plenty of schools that have been in that situation and some that still are.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told job was narrowed to three last week and offered on Friday. Final 3 were head coach previously from Ballard Memorial, DC from Anderson County, and OC from Pulaski Southwest. Not sure who they interviewed other than those three. My source told me names but I can not remember any of the names.

Guys I can tell you Coach Spencer from Southwestern was the OC at Southwestern last season. He also coached at Wayne County with Jeff Griffith the DC at Bowling Green. He also coached with Shawn Thompson at Wayne County. He has put in time and has been a FINE Assistant with GOOD COACHES and he has learned a lot from all of them. He needs to have everyone's support at Henry County to help that program to continue to grow they have had some good years and with the new district alignment they will need a united effort and i am sure Coach Spencer will do a fine job for them. He is a very dedicated hard working coach that puts the players first and I know he will help them grow into fine young men and fine football players. He has a solid background, he is dedicated, knowledgeable, hard working and he does care about the players. He will run a disciplined program with expectations set high and he will continue to build on the hard working ethic that Henry County has been successful with.