Henry County will be needing a new head coach.

'ol#70

What is the plan for Coach Spencer to gather assistant coaches? The great ones such as Vince Lombardi or Knute Rockne couldn't do it by themselves. The biggest challenge ahead is trying to get some coaches into the building at Henry County. I hope Spencer asked the right questions about such things as assistants, football budget, admin. support and so on. Good Luck Coach Spencer. You have a huge task just ahead of you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the plan for Coach Spencer to gather assistant coaches? The great ones such as Vince Lombardi or Knute Rockne couldn't do it by themselves. The biggest challenge ahead is trying to get some coaches into the building at Henry County. I hope Spencer asked the right questions about such things as assistants' date=' football budget, admin. support and so on. Good Luck Coach Spencer. You have a huge task just ahead of you.[/quote'] Knute Rockne's first two years at Notre Dame was like running up a muddy hill. He only had two coaches, little support, young players, no school spirit, no winning attitude etc. Knute hung in there and went out and got some help, and was even called into the office for it, for not running it by the administration first! Heck, he knew they would say why, or no way, or the famous we never did it like that before. Notre Dame went on to be successful after that. Maybe Coach Spencer should try the local real estate office; I understand there are 3-4 former coaches there that would be willing to belp. Coach Spencer will still need to get a couple of teachers into the building to help recruit the hallways. Like I said before support him and get out of his way is the best practice. They obviously thought he was the best 1 out of 50? If in 3-4 years they see NO progress then they got an issue. If this is coach Spencer's first head coaching stint then he was probably real eager OL #70 to just get the job, and may of not asked those questions. From the sounds of things on this board,even if he did ask he won't get it anyway.

Guys I can tell you Coach Spencer from Southwestern was the OC at Southwestern last season. He also coached at Wayne County with Jeff Griffith the DC at Bowling Green. He also coached with Shawn Thompson at Wayne County. He has put in time and has been a FINE Assistant with GOOD COACHES and he has learned a lot from all of them. He needs to have everyone's support at Henry County to help that program to continue to grow they have had some good years and with the new district alignment they will need a united effort and i am sure Coach Spencer will do a fine job for them. He is a very dedicated hard working coach that puts the players first and I know he will help them grow into fine young men and fine football players. He has a solid background, he is dedicated, knowledgeable, hard working and he does care about the players. He will run a disciplined program with expectations set high and he will continue to build on the hard working ethic that Henry County has been successful with.

From what I have heard it will be an uphill battle, no assistants returning and no teaching jobs avalible for him to bring in any assistants he may want. Good luck to him.

From what I have heard it will be an uphill battle, no assistants returning and no teaching jobs avalible for him to bring in any assistants he may want. Good luck to him.

Sounds about right. He should contact Coach Ledford and see if he will help. You never know.

Not all jobs are perfect. Wish coach Spencer the best of luck. Good to see good assistants get their shot.

Sure aren't. I can think of only 5-10 in the state that would be close to perfect. Now, if you're talking Alabama, Georgia, Texas then that's a whole different story.