November 8, 201015 yr http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lifestyle/bush-book-tour-to-include-lauer-winfrey-leno-limbaugh-and-hannity-106808223.html Bush will be on the air throughout next week and beyond in promotion of his memoir, "Decision Points," which comes out Tuesday. Along with previously announced TV appearances with Matt Lauer and with Oprah Winfrey, Bush will speak with Jay Leno on the "Tonight" show, have radio interviews on the programs of conservative commentators Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and make several TV appearances on the Fox News Channel, the hosts including Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Greta Van Susteran. Bush will also meet with Candy Crowley on CNN and appear on "CBS Sunday Morning" with Jim Axelrod. Besides his taped interview with Lauer airing on NBC on Monday night, Bush will speak live with Lauer on the "Today" show on Wednesday morning. Among his print interviews: a cover story for the magazine of AARP, which represents millions of people 50 and older. Does anyone else plan on watching these interviews? I'm personally excited and looking forward to them all!
November 8, 201015 yr Some interesting things coming out that I am sure the W attackers will just dismiss as him lying.
November 8, 201015 yr I've read some articles about his book and am honestly intrigued. I might have to read this one.
November 8, 201015 yr I saw an excerpt from the interview GWB did with Matt Lauer. Bush was commenting about the support he maintained among families from the armed forces. He talked about meeting with parents whose son was killed in battle. Said that the mother wrote him a note in which she said, "Joe did his job. Now you do yours." GWB was visibly emotional about it. I voted for GWB twice, but became very disappointed with him in his 2nd term, particularly as it relates to the economy. But one thing I've never questioned is the man's patriotism and love for the country. And as much as I don't care for Obama's policies, I do have that same belief about him. I disagree with him on just about everything he does, but I also believe he is doing what he believes to be the best thing as our President. I know there are ardent opponents to Obama, and that's all fine and good. But some seem to have this opinion that the man actually wakes up every day and says to himself, "I wonder how I can make America a more miserable place today." Folks on both sides of the aisle need to cut Commanders-In-Chief some slack in this area IMO.
November 8, 201015 yr I voted for GWB twice, but became very disappointed with him in his 2nd term, particularly as it relates to the economy. But one thing I've never questioned is the man's patriotism and love for the country. . Ditto
November 8, 201015 yr I look forward to the interviews and the book. Des anyone know if he'll have a book signing close by?
November 8, 201015 yr I voted for GWB twice, but became very disappointed with him in his 2nd term, particularly as it relates to the economy. But one thing I've never questioned is the man's patriotism and love for the country. And as much as I don't care for Obama's policies, I do have that same belief about him. I disagree with him on just about everything he does, but I also believe he is doing what he believes to be the best thing as our President. I know there are ardent opponents to Obama, and that's all fine and good. But some seem to have this opinion that the man actually wakes up every day and says to himself, "I wonder how I can make America a more miserable place today." Folks on both sides of the aisle need to cut Commanders-In-Chief some slack in this area IMO. This forum would be a lot more productive and informative if more people thought like you do ...
November 8, 201015 yr I might try to catch one of the interviews. But it's been my experience that if you've seen one (from the same author), you've pretty much seen them all.
November 8, 201015 yr Author From what I hear when he interviewed with Oprah, she was trying to get him to comment on the current president and he refused. Saying that he has a hard enough job and he does not need his opinion. GW hated it when Carter would bash him.
November 8, 201015 yr I doubt I see any of the interviews, but I'm definitely reading his book. I read Regan's, and I'm really looking forward to reading GWB's even though I never voted for him.
November 8, 201015 yr I doubt I see any of the interviews, but I'm definitely reading his book. I read Regan's, and I'm really looking forward to reading GWB's even though I never voted for him. Even if one never voted for a particular President or didn't agree much with him (and I qualify on both counts), I think you're doing a disservice to yourself if you don't read the memoirs.:thumb:
November 8, 201015 yr Even if one never voted for a particular President or didn't agree much with him (and I qualify on both counts), I think you're doing a disservice to yourself if you don't read the memoirs.:thumb: I think I want to read this one so badly because I rarely agreed with him. Maybe if I read what he has to say, that he could never say before, I'll understand and have a different perspective. And, well, face it. In the number of years I've actually cared who the President was, and what decisions he made, he's the one who had some of the biggest decisions to make and challenges to overcome. Who wouldn't want to know what he was thinking when faced with all those challenges?
November 8, 201015 yr Author I think I want to read this one so badly because I rarely agreed with him. Maybe if I read what he has to say, that he could never say before, I'll understand and have a different perspective. And, well, face it. In the number of years I've actually cared who the President was, and what decisions he made, he's the one who had some of the biggest decisions to make and challenges to overcome. Who wouldn't want to know what he was thinking when faced with all those challenges? I agree. He had some of the toughest decisions to make. I wonder if his book will make people appreciate him more and not.
November 9, 201015 yr In the number of years I've actually cared who the President was, and what decisions he made, he's the one who had some of the biggest decisions to make and challenges to overcome. Who wouldn't want to know what he was thinking when faced with all those challenges? GWB's hair got a lot grayer during his eight years. Maybe the only other President of recent memory to eclipse him was LBJ.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.