Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A Playoffs Dixie Heights/Highlands Predictions

Who wins??? 125 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As for Pike having too much time to pass in the last game as a result of Highlands not blitzing, Dixie did only score 14 points, didn't they? It's not like Dixie rang up 40 points via Pike's passing. And he only had 140 yards passing. No offense guys, but sometimes you make me shake my head and wonder.

 

I didnt say it resulted in points just stating the obvious. He had too much time back there. Go to the film Leatherneck. : )

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt say it resulted in points just stating the obvious. He had too much time back there. Go to the film Leatherneck. : )

 

 

I've watched that tape more hours than you've spent at the 915, which is a lot. :D

 

The issue isn't how much time he got, it's what came out of it. Which was a whopping 14 points and 160 yds (not 140 as I previously posted). That's not a big offensive performance in my book. But if you think the offensive performance of Dixie merits more blitzing, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. I just hope that Weinrich disagrees with it.

Guess what I do the same with you sometimes also..

 

Fantastic. That makes me feel even more confident that I'm right about what I observe and post.:thumb:

I agree with LN Pike is much more of a threat with his legs than his arm. Why not keep him in the pocket and make him throw to beat you.

  • Author
Fantastic. That makes me feel even more confident that I'm right about what I observe and post.:thumb:

 

ttt

  • Author
Fantastic. That makes me feel even more confident that I'm right about what I observe and post.:thumb:

 

Whatever floats your boat.... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Last Dixie game I saw there was a lot of arguing and fighting between the players and coaches. That just can not happen (especially when it's right there for everyone to see). Control will be huge in this game and that is something Dixie lacks. Birds will be birds. 40-13

I've watched that tape more hours than you've spent at the 915, which is a lot. :D

 

The issue isn't how much time he got, it's what came out of it. Which was a whopping 14 points and 160 yds (not 140 as I previously posted). That's not a big offensive performance in my book. But if you think the offensive performance of Dixie merits more blitzing, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. I just hope that Weinrich disagrees with it.

 

Blitz from the edge then. Force him to be hurried. What is wrong with that? Is Pike really that fast?

 

I dont know what I am talking about obviously. I hope the DB's are in good shape if they are going to depend on those guys to make all the plays while keeping Pike in the pocket.

 

At the end of the day it wont matter, nobody has shown they can stop the Birds offense except the Birds themselves so if they can stay mistake free and not turn it over I say they outscore the Colonels.

If the Highlands players turn on each other like the posters, I like Dixie's chances a whole lot better :)

 

If Gold, Compton and Sullivan are healthy I think Highlands will win a closer ball game than the 1st one, but still by a comfortable margin. If any or all are not available it could be decided late in the 4th quarter.

 

I don't think you will see Pike on Defense very much. Maybe 10 -15 plays total the entire game.

 

If Dixie can play even in the Special teams battles, I like their chances. However, that very seldom happens with a Highlands team. They almost always score or set up a score with thier ST's.

I've watched that tape more hours than you've spent at the 915, which is a lot. :D

 

The issue isn't how much time he got, it's what came out of it. Which was a whopping 14 points and 160 yds (not 140 as I previously posted). That's not a big offensive performance in my book. But if you think the offensive performance of Dixie merits more blitzing, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. I just hope that Weinrich disagrees with it.

 

I agree Leatherneck. If we hold Dixie to 14 points and 160 yards we will be in a good position to move onto the next round. I’ll take that any day against a top 5 team in 5A and a top 25 team in the State (Cantrall Rankings). What’s the old saying “If it’s not broken don’t fix it.” I’d say Dale and Brian know what there doing if the above stats are true. Go Birds!

I agree Leatherneck. If we hold Dixie to 14 points and 160 yards we will be in a good position to move onto the next round. I’ll take that any day against a top 5 team in 5A and a top 25 team in the State (Cantrall Rankings). What’s the old saying “If it’s not broken don’t fix it.” I’d say Dale and Brian know what there doing if the above stats are true. Go Birds!

 

The 160 yards were passing yards, which was the pertinent stat given the "too much time back there" discussion.

If the Highlands players turn on each other like the posters, I like Dixie's chances a whole lot better :)

 

If Gold, Compton and Sullivan are healthy I think Highlands will win a closer ball game than the 1st one, but still by a comfortable margin. If any or all are not available it could be decided late in the 4th quarter.

 

I don't think you will see Pike on Defense very much. Maybe 10 -15 plays total the entire game.

 

If Dixie can play even in the Special teams battles, I like their chances. However, that very seldom happens with a Highlands team. They almost always score or set up a score with thier ST's.

 

Not a snowballs chance of that happening.

If the Highlands players turn on each other like the posters, I like Dixie's chances a whole lot better :)

 

If Gold, Compton and Sullivan are healthy I think Highlands will win a closer ball game than the 1st one, but still by a comfortable margin. If any or all are not available it could be decided late in the 4th quarter.

 

I don't think you will see Pike on Defense very much. Maybe 10 -15 plays total the entire game.

 

If Dixie can play even in the Special teams battles, I like their chances. However, that very seldom happens with a Highlands team. They almost always score or set up a score with thier ST's.

 

Ah heck, Raiderbird and I have been disagreeing on what Highlands should do and what Highlands shouldn't do since at least 08 and it hasn't seem to hurt the Birds performance on the field, so don't get your wishes too high. :D

LN is a conservative and will not rock the boat and many times there is no need as the ship has stayed the course. Q, Raider, Whackm bring interest to the forum, at times I totally disagree but they can make points. If it wasn't Spritz I would believe you would have to game plan different and bring pressure. IMO no pressure and soft DB play could be a recipe for disaster against blue colonels who I believe will get by JC this week. One thing I would like to see is more form tackles. Many want the big hit and I would like to see a few more #1's on the field.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.