Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A Playoffs Dixie Heights/Highlands Predictions

Who wins??? 125 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins???

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Blitz from the edge then. Force him to be hurried. What is wrong with that? Is Pike really that fast?

 

I dont know what I am talking about obviously. I hope the DB's are in good shape if they are going to depend on those guys to make all the plays while keeping Pike in the pocket.

 

At the end of the day it wont matter, nobody has shown they can stop the Birds offense except the Birds themselves so if they can stay mistake free and not turn it over I say they outscore the Colonels.

 

He's just a much more dangerous player when he scrambles. He runs the ball well and when the lbers and dbs commit to stop him running, he throws the ball exceptionally well on the run because the strength of his arm. Remember his touchdown pass he threw on the run against Highlands in the first game? A thing of beauty. Contain him in the pocket as much as possible I say. Drop 7 or 8 into coverage and force him to try to thread a pass. Having said that, only rushing 3 opens up the QB draw, which Pike has ran with great success the entire season. I look for Dixie to try that more this game and Highlands to spy him to stop it. Should be a great game of cat and mouse.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Ah heck, Raiderbird and I have been disagreeing on what Highlands should do and what Highlands shouldn't do since at least 08 and it hasn't seem to hurt the Birds performance on the field, so don't get your wishes too high. :D

 

I haven't pulled the old "worst line in history" out this year.. You have to give me some credit for that..:clap:

He's just a much more dangerous player when he scrambles. He runs the ball well and when the lbers and dbs commit to stop him running, he throws the ball exceptionally well on the run because the strength of his arm. Remember his touchdown pass he threw on the run against Highlands in the first game? A thing of beauty. Contain him in the pocket as much as possible I say. Drop 7 or 8 into coverage and force him to try to thread a pass. Having said that, only rushing 3 opens up the QB draw, which Pike has ran with great success the entire season. I look for Dixie to try that more this game and Highlands to spy him to stop it. Should be a great game of cat and mouse.

 

He did have one of the best passes I have ever seen when he hit Cohorn scrambling to his right.

 

I look at Pike as being the Ben Roetlisberger of NKY but obviously faster. He is big, strong and can evade very well and I would much rather see him running up the middle then around the end.

 

Sometimes they say the best pass defense is an excellent pass rush though so keep that in mind this friday. It is alot to ask your DB's/LBs to drop in coverage and defend every down.

  • Author
He did have one of the best passes I have ever seen when he hit Cohorn scrambling to his right.

 

I look at Pike as being the Ben Roetlisberger of NKY but obviously faster. He is big, strong and can evade very well and I would much rather see him running up the middle then around the end.

 

Sometimes they say the best pass defense is an excellent pass rush though so keep that in mind this friday. It is alot to ask your DB's/LBs to drop in coverage and defend every down.

 

I agree...:thumb:

LN is a conservative and will not rock the boat and many times there is no need as the ship has stayed the course. Q, Raider, Whackm bring interest to the forum, at times I totally disagree but they can make points. If it wasn't Spritz I would believe you would have to game plan different and bring pressure. IMO no pressure and soft DB play could be a recipe for disaster against blue colonels who I believe will get by JC this week. One thing I would like to see is more form tackles. Many want the big hit and I would like to see a few more #1's on the field.

 

You been reading my posts in the Politics and Religion forum?:D

The tradition of winning at Highlands vs. well,....... Dixie. What more can you say? The Birds by 27

I haven't pulled the old "worst line in history" out this year.. You have to give me some credit for that..:clap:

 

 

Credit given!

Credit given!

Notice I made no comments about the big men up front only defense :D. On a side note was getting car wash and ran into coach Turner's uncle. He guessed my boy a few years older in his HHS sweatshirt, the boy was quick to point out he plans on being a future lb we both had a laugh about that.

If Dixie wants any chance then they can't get behind. Once HHS gets the lead its over. Dixie has trouble keeping it together, as seen by the multiple leads they have blown in the 2nd half. If Pike turns the ball over early then the Dixie is in for a long night. If they do get behind they can't be yelling at the coach and questioning his play calls like we have seen. They have to keep there head up and just keep playing. This Highlands team will make mistakes. DHHS just has to capitalize on them. But this Dixie team just can't seem to keep their composure. Look for a semi-close 1st half then the Bluebirds to pull away, far away, in the 2nd.

I agree Leatherneck. If we hold Dixie to 14 points and 160 yards we will be in a good position to move onto the next round. I’ll take that any day against a top 5 team in 5A and a top 25 team in the State (Cantrall Rankings). What’s the old saying “If it’s not broken don’t fix it.” I’d say Dale and Brian know what there doing if the above stats are true. Go Birds!

 

Do you really think Dixie won't make adjustments as well. They did lose the game....?????:confused::rolleyes:

Dixie is playing much better this time around but there are a lot of "if's" as far as their game plan goes in order to beat the Birds.

 

Highlands' defense has been soft in the middle all year, both against the run and the pass. Ryle exploited this somewhat but for whatever reason, other teams simply haven't realized this or tried to utilize it.

 

I'd expect Dale and co. to come out with a completely different game plan than in game 1. Expect to see Towles run the ball a lot more. AS soon as Dixie is sucked up and bites on the play-action, he'll hit Gold, Gall, or Sheehan over the top for a long TD.

 

Dixie's best chance at winning is simply to keep the ball out of Highlands' O hands as much as possible. I don't think Dixie has a good enough defense to stop the Birds enough to win this game.

 

In the end, there's a reason the Birds are 19 time state champions and simply don't lose at home in the playoffs...

 

Birds- 41

Colonels- 21

Do you really think Dixie won't make adjustments as well. They did lose the game....?????:confused::rolleyes:

 

Dixie very well may make adjustments; I expect them to do so. If they do, then I have confidence in our coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments to their adjustments. Our coaches have been around for a while and kind of know what they are doing.

  • Author
Dixie very well may make adjustments; I expect them to do so. If they do, then I have confidence in our coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments to their adjustments. Our coaches have been around for a while and kind of know what they are doing.

 

Everyone knows what HHS is doing also. The only problem is they can't figure out how to stop it.. lol

Everyone knows what HHS is doing also. The only problem is they can't figure out how to stop it.. lol

 

They can figure it out the question is will Dixie defense step up?

Edited by Just a Friend

Dixie very well may make adjustments; I expect them to do so. If they do, then I have confidence in our coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments to their adjustments. Our coaches have been around for a while and kind of know what they are doing.

 

I have the utmost confidence in Weinrich. I think he is the best around....I couldn't help but sense a condescending tone to the latter statement. Not sure why? I'm fully confident in the Bluebird staff.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.