Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

After the loss to Ryle is Highlands still the clear favorite to win 5A?

Featured Replies

I think so but if ever there is a year the Birds go down in 5A this is the year.

 

Everyone?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Highlands is the clear favorite, but I would say there is some new hope for some 5A teams around the state.

I think so but if ever there is a year the Birds go down in 5A this is the year.

 

Everyone?

 

Did you mean to ask the question "anyone", agrees with you or if "everyone" agrees with you? Just want to clarify before I may or may not answer.

I think so but if ever there is a year the Birds go down in 5A this is the year.

 

Everyone?

 

Did you mean to ask the question "anyone", agrees with you or if "everyone" agrees with you? Just want to clarify before I may or may not answer.

He wants "Everyone's" opinion. This is now a required thread for all members.:lol:

I still think Highlands is the favorite.

 

IMO, Highlands won't see a team as good as Ryle in the 5A state playoff.

 

And yes that includes Bowling Green and Johnson Central. Bowling Green poses the biggest threat as they have the most diverse offense.

I still think Highlands is the favorite.

 

IMO, Highlands won't see a team as good as Ryle in the 5A state playoff.

 

And yes that includes Bowling Green and Johnson Central. Bowling Green poses the biggest threat as they have the most diverse offense.

 

IMO, you are correct. BG and JC will be very tough "outs". D-line and LB's need to step up and take the pressure off of the DB's though for HHS to win out.

IMO, you are correct. BG and JC will be very tough "outs". D-line and LB's need to step up and take the pressure off of the DB's though for HHS to win out.

 

A one dimensional team won't beat Highlands...that takes JC out of the equation.

 

Bowling Green doesn't have the size or depth that Ryle has...that take them out of the equation.

 

As RU said though....if there's gonna be a year the Birds go down, this is the year they're most vulnerable.

 

Again, I'd be very surprised if they don't run off 3 straight after this year with the current sophs and frosh coming through and Towles, True, and Bruns brothers leading the way next year.

  • Author
He wants "Everyone's" opinion. This is now a required thread for all members.:lol:

 

Correct and thank you Ram!

Having seen both Highlands and Bowling Green. Defense to the Purples, offense to the Birds. Would be a great match up. I would say they are even.

I agree, Bowling Green is still the biggest threat, especially after how close they played T earlier this season. At this point I'd still say Highlands is the favorite, but it puts doubt in some peoples minds, let's just hope that it hasn't put any doubt in the players. For the rest of the year I'm a Highlands fan.

Correct and thank you Ram!

 

I'm hear for ya G.

With all this said...does anyone think Highlands will run in to another team in the 5A playoffs as good as Ryle?

 

What if Towles doesn't drop the ball before getting in for he 2 pt conversion and Highlands goes on to come back and win...are we still pondering this question?

I have no dog in this fight but generally speaking I wouldn't want to lose this late in the season, even if I'm playing up in class. Nonehtless, I think HHS would still be the favorite.

With all this said...does anyone think Highlands will run in to another team in the 5A playoffs as good as Ryle?

 

What if Towles doesn't drop the ball before getting in for he 2 pt conversion and Highlands goes on to come back and win...are we still pondering this question?

 

I understand what you're saying, and agree, I just think that psychologically the kids Highlands will face during the playoffs are now very aware that they are beatable, where as before the Birds opponents were facing a team that hadn't been beat since Bush was in office(2006). I think it also can have the same adverse affect on the Birds psychy as well. With that said, and as I've indicated with previous posts, I think the Birds are still the favorite.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.