Cincinnati St. X 12 Colerain, OH 9 (OT)

theguru

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Colerain as good as they were last year? or did they lose alot of guys?

I went and watched them last year when they played Moller in Redhawks stadium, crowed with fans!!

Colerain was not as good on either side of the ball as they were last year; they are close defensively, but offensively Goodman could throw it enough to keep teams somewhat honest. Mister Simpson, who went to Michigan was a better single back as well; they are probably better up front this season and just as good at the RB's/ Slot backs who end up as pitch backs, and their WR's are probably as good.

X's defense is just big enough, athletic, and disciplined.

Good point on Glenville, I understand they are loaded with D1 players.

What did you think of Glenville compared to some of the great KY teams you have seen over the years?

Well I haven't seen any of the great Louisville teams which IMO would probably be the only teams that would stack up to Glenville. They do have alot of talented players especially at the skills position. They beat a very good and solid team in Solon today 34 -14.

Nobody in Ky would stack up against Glenville, McKinley, St. Ed's, Colerain, St. X this season; it takes a very special team to be able to compete with DI OH-like '02 Trinity.

Nobody in KY has that kind of talent- 20 future college scholarship players & 10 DI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great game....however, I have a very hard time believing two things: a)That St. X. is the best team in D1 Ohio and b) They are a nationally ranked team. From what I saw of them and the points that they put up, they have a very average offense.

Let's be realistic here. This team played Colerain, St. Ignatius, the GCL south and some school from PA and still have only given up 64 pts. in 12 games. That's maybe the best schedule in the country. They are legit and deserve to be ranked high as they are. I think that the reason their offense looked so average was that Colerain has one LB going to OSU and another going to Michigan. On top of that they are super fast everywhere. On a side note, I think that Combs was way too conservative in this game and coached not to lose.

This was one of the best high school football games I've ever seen. The Colrain fans were shocked. I've never seen that big of a crowd on that side that silent. They stood there for a while just in shock.

Did Combs run over to their sideline and give the fans a postgame speech, or does he only do that after wins?

Did Combs run over to their sideline and give the fans a postgame speech, or does he only do that after wins?

I think its after all games. I noticed during Channel 19's report that the players were all standing by the stands facing the stands after the game . I assume the coach was in there somewhere.

Let's be realistic here. This team played Colerain, St. Ignatius, the GCL south and some school from PA and still have only given up 64 pts. in 12 games. That's maybe the best schedule in the country. They are legit and deserve to be ranked high as they are. I think that the reason their offense looked so average was that Colerain has one LB going to OSU and another going to Michigan. On top of that they are super fast everywhere. On a side note, I think that Combs was way too conservative in this game and coached not to lose.

That basically has been Colerain's offense for years; last year was a bit of an exception because Goodman had a strong and fairly accurate arm; they didn't throw it a lot, but enough to keep teams honest.

This year Pride couldn't throw it at all.

So does Colerain have 2 wins over X this year if Pride doesn't fumble the ball?

No, the best they could have hoped for in game one was overtime as well; I think it is safe to assume X was not going to give up a TD to Colerain, after seeing 8+ quarters of football between the two.

Last night's fumble resulted in only a FG for X any way.