Cincinnati St. X 12 Colerain, OH 9 (OT)

theguru

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listend to some of that game it was a dandy of a defensive game. :ylsuper:

If I was guessing right I would say that X will win the state title.

X will not win the state title. My money is on Cleveland Glenville, this is the school where Teddy Ginn, Jr. played and where his Dad coaches. I seen them play earlier this year and they are loaded.

37k in attendance and I bet about 10k of us got in free. Clifford made a mistake at the end and failed to cover #8. If only the Cards could toss the pigskin once in a while. It's hard to believe those guys are only HS'ers, serious speed on both sides of the ball.

Isn't 37,000 people an extrodinary number for a HS football game

Yes! What makes it even more special is the fact that you only have a weeks notice. In the case of T and X everyone can plan around that date and the weather is normally ideal.

Sounds like a great game....however, I have a very hard time believing two things: a)That St. X. is the best team in D1 Ohio and b) They are a nationally ranked team. From what I saw of them and the points that they put up, they have a very average offense.

Their D is flat out nasty. I know it was an error but they put their season statistics on the jumbo tron at halftime. 30pts per game and a winning margin of 35pts per game. Now that's impressive. I don't know how two teams could have that much size and speed.

Sounds like a great game....however, I have a very hard time believing two things: a)That St. X. is the best team in D1 Ohio and b) They are a nationally ranked team. From what I saw of them and the points that they put up, they have a very average offense.

They are average/conservative by choice; Coach Specht knows that really the only way to lose if the offense puts the defense in a bad position.

Ohio is loaded, so we'll see if they are the best; they will beat Dayton Wayne and probably the semi-final game; the real test will be vs. Glenville or Canton McKinley.