Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oh yeah It was staged .

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more sad example of what we've become as a people.

What about the radical activist that was trying to elicut a response from the Paul camp? Do you really believe that she wans't trying to elicit something like this so people like you could use it as ammunition to deride a candidate you don't agree with.

 

Yes it was staged by the "victim".

What about the radical activist that was trying to elicut a response from the Paul camp? Do you really believe that she wans't trying to elicit something like this so people like you could use it as ammunition to deride a candidate you don't agree with.

 

Yes it was staged by the "victim".

 

Do I think she wanted to evoke a response? Yes. Do I think she maybe even wanted an extreme response, maybe a shouting match? Some ugly mud slinging? Yes. Do I think she wanted to be pushed to the ground and held there with someone's foot? I don't think so.

 

The fact that she wanted to elicit a response is a foregone conclusion. Why else even pull the stunt? Should one expect violence as that response? I don't think so. Nothing says that irritating and annoying people should be dealt with by using physical force. Nothing in my world justifies treating annoying people with physical force.

Do I think she wanted to evoke a response? Yes. Do I think she maybe even wanted an extreme response, maybe a shouting match? Some ugly mud slinging? Yes. Do I think she wanted to be pushed to the ground and held there with someone's foot? I don't think so.

 

The fact that she wanted to elicit a response is a foregone conclusion. Why else even pull the stunt? Should one expect violence as that response? I don't think so. Nothing says that irritating and annoying people should be dealt with by using physical force. Nothing in my world justifies treating annoying people with physical force.

 

Given all the youtube videos out there showing very angry people who often appear right on the brink of getting physical, I think one should realize that a violent response is a distinct possibility.

Given all the youtube videos out there showing very angry people who often appear right on the brink of getting physical, I think one should realize that a violent response is a distinct possibility.

 

This is a question for anyone but the one thing that has bothered me is the response of some people. (regardless of which side of the aisle you are on) Doesn't it worry anyone that we have this much anger, angst, disgust, and unrestrained discourse in some that a woman is thrown to the curb and stepped on by some man's foot?

 

How did we get here? Is it the medium that whips us up, or the lack of self control, or the feeling of self importance we have that we will "win the day" for our cause regardless of our own dignity or charity? I mean this could be an Acorn video or a Tea Party video, or a '68 Democratic Convention video, or a "72 Republican Convention video.

 

To me it's about the notions of civility and decorum.

 

In '92 Clinton called Bush a "clown" I believe it was.

 

In the late 90's Clinton's affairs were blasted everywhere, even by those who were likewise unfaithful at the time.

 

In George W.'s day he was snubbed by Jim Webb in Congress.

 

Obama is heckled by an elected leader in a speech in the Congressional Room.

 

Men feel justified at stomping on ladies.

 

It's almost trickle down to me. When our leadership acts like ruffians and villains, the populace takes the hint and does the same.

 

 

Thanks for the rant time guys. :thumb:

What about the radical activist that was trying to elicut a response from the Paul camp? Do you really believe that she wans't trying to elicit something like this so people like you could use it as ammunition to deride a candidate you don't agree with.

 

Yes it was staged by the "victim".

Well, yesterday you thought the guy may have been a "plant" ... turns out he was a Paul campaign worker, even if a volunteer.

 

I guess it's on to the next talking point ...

Do I think she wanted to evoke a response? Yes. Do I think she maybe even wanted an extreme response, maybe a shouting match? Some ugly mud slinging? Yes. Do I think she wanted to be pushed to the ground and held there with someone's foot? I don't think so.

 

The fact that she wanted to elicit a response is a foregone conclusion. Why else even pull the stunt? Should one expect violence as that response? I don't think so. Nothing says that irritating and annoying people should be dealt with by using physical force. Nothing in my world justifies treating annoying people with physical force.

Folks should be careful what they wish for. If you look for trouble, it will probably find you.
Well, yesterday you thought the guy may have been a "plant" ... turns out he was a Paul campaign worker, even if a volunteer.

 

I guess it's on to the next talking point ...

 

To be fair the "plant" scenario is a realistic possibilitiy these days as people try to make the opposition look bad.

I do not have an issue with someone being restrained if they are out of hand. It looked like the initial attempt was to keep her from doing whatever it was she was trying to do and simply restrain her. What this guy did, stomping on someone who is already subdued is over the top. I would think he will face charges.

 

I can't believe no police were around to diffuse the situation.

 

On the flip side. I don't feel one bit sorry for this woman. She was looking for trouble and she found it.

To be fair the "plant" scenario is a realistic possibilitiy these days as people try to make the opposition look bad.
Has it ever actually occurred?
I do not have an issue with someone being restrained if they are out of hand. It looked like the initial attempt was to keep her from doing whatever it was she was trying to do and simply restrain her. What this guy did, stomping on someone who is already subdued is over the top. I would think he will face charges.

 

I can't believe no police were around to diffuse the situation.

 

On the flip side. I don't feel one bit sorry for this woman. She was looking for trouble and she found it.

Paul supporters claim they pointed the woman out to police and told them they feared she was going to try something. They claim the police told them it wasn't their job and that's not why they were there.

As I said in the other thread. If she was a plant, so what? Have we devolved as a society to the point that physical violence is an acceptable response to political expression?

 

If so, in the words of the maitre d in Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "I weep for the future."

As I said in the other thread. If she was a plant, so what? Have we devolved as a society to the point that physical violence is an acceptable response to political expression?

 

If so, in the words of the maitre d in Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "I weep for the future."

 

Apparently, in today's world, physical violence is to be expected if one is annoying, irritating, or in anyway less than desirable in another's eyes. Can't be too careful of those annoying people. :D I know that I will be avoiding quite a few people on this site, given my own annoying and irritating traits. :D

There's a huge difference between being annoying and trying to elicit an undesireable response and I'm convinced that is what the MoveOn.org activist was trying to do. I have never said that physically assaulting the MoveOn.org activist was acceptable and in fact I have said that the person who assaulted her should be prosecuted. But I still firmly believe that the MoveOn.org activist brought much of it on herself. She displayed very provocative behavior and she had to be hoping for media attention otherwise why do it in the first place? I have a question for the MoveOn.org activist. Why did she feel the need to disguise herself? Could it be that she was worried that her provocative actions would produce a negative backlash and she felt she needed to protect herself by concealing her identity? If so then doesn't that sort of prove that even she saw the possibility of a physical backlash?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.