Highlands: undefeated and unhappy

What's wrong with the Bluebird contingent? The program has the nation's 3rd longest win streak, 3 peat in state titles, undefeated this year with a W against archrival CCH, some of the top coaches (Dale, Brian) in the state, and yet, the fans seem uncharacteristically critical of the team and it's performance over the last few weeks. Most teams would kill to be in Highlands' shoes, but I guess like the old saying goes, "the grass is always greener...." I suppose that winning has gotten to be such commonplace in Ft. Thomas, that it appears to have lost it's luster a bit. Hats off to the Bluebird players. I think they're going to surprise alot of folks with just how tough they really are, injury laden or not....Go Birds!

What's wrong with the Bluebird contingent? The program has the nation's 3rd longest win streak' date=' 3 peat in state titles, undefeated this year with a W against archrival CCH, some of the top coaches (Dale, Brian) in the state, and yet, the fans seem uncharacteristically critical of the team and it's performance over the last few weeks. Most teams would kill to be in Highlands' shoes, but I guess like the old saying goes, "the grass is always greener...." I suppose that winning has gotten to be such commonplace in Ft. Thomas, that it appears to have lost it's luster a bit. Hats off to the Bluebird players. I think they're going to surprise alot of folks with just how tough they really are, injury laden or not....Go Birds![/quote']

Do you pack your lunch or walk to school?

It's funny, I remember when Mike Yeagle was coaching at Beechwood and they were on their dynasty run at a game down at state people were bashing him! The man won almost 90% if not 90% of his games and people still found something to complain about. That's the life these coaches choose to lead though. It's a shame too because Dale has done a tremendous job in Ft. Thomas.

It's funny, I remember when Mike Yeagle was coaching at Beechwood and they were on their dynasty run at a game down at state people were bashing him! The man won almost 90% if not 90% of his games and people still found something to complain about. That's the life these coaches choose to lead though. It's a shame too because Dale has done a tremendous job in Ft. Thomas.

There are all ways a few that are unhappy. Who cares keep up the good work Highlands.

Here's a question: who's actually unhappy? I know people are concerned about HHS having some injury issues this season, but I don't think that's being unhappy.

Also, anybody who's being critical of Coach Mueller this season needs to go to his nearest ER and seek emergency psychiatric services ASAP. HHS has had injury issues and I'd have to believe there are other teams in KY with more talent, and yet the team stands at 9-0 and is district champ.

And if Ryle does happen to beat HHS this week, it still doesn't change the amazing job Mueller has done this year. According to some people I've talked to, Ryle is just as athletically talented (if not a little more so) than Highlands, and the game is at Ryle.