Highlands: undefeated and unhappy

Here's a question: who's actually unhappy? I know people are concerned about HHS having some injury issues this season, but I don't think that's being unhappy.

Also, anybody who's being critical of Coach Mueller this season needs to go to his nearest ER and seek emergency psychiatric services ASAP. HHS has had injury issues and I'd have to believe there are other teams in KY with more talent, and yet the team stands at 9-0 and is district champ.

And if Ryle does happen to beat HHS this week, it still doesn't change the amazing job Mueller has done this year. According to some people I've talked to, Ryle is just as athletically talented (if not a little more so) than Highlands, and the game is at Ryle.

It's the usual suspects talking of lackluster performances each week and they know who they are....And "some injury issues this year"? That's the understatement of the year.

If anyone is coaching high school football for fame or fortune get out of the business now, seriously, go resign today and look for something else to do because you will not make any money and you can only please some of the people some of the time and at the very best you are only as good as the last game you coach. With that being said, I think the Highlands have an outstanding program with great history and Coach Mueller is a huge part of that. Great job Coach Mueller and good luck to the Highlands the rest of the season!

It's the usual suspects talking of lackluster performances each week and they know who they are....And "some injury issues this year"? That's the understatement of the year.

But seriously, is the talk of the "usual suspects" worthy of starting a thread? And do the usual suspects constitute the "Highlands contingent" you referenced in the initial post?

Birds need to tighten up on some things that I won't discuss, but if they do so, we'll be fine.

Not sure how or why Dale got brought into the thread because I haven't seen one post saying any thing negative about him or his coaches. They've pointed out to the players what needs to be tightened up and it's up to the players to do so.

I think this Thursday night's game with Ryle will be their toughest challenge thus far and after they come out victorious it will create a buzz in the community and allow them to get re-focused on #20.

I will disagree w/ this. Ryle is not as good as the team that faced Highlands at the beginning of the year, unless they got some of their injured starters back. They'll play a full four quarters, but I don't see this being a better challenge than the one that Withrow or CovCath offered.

It's funny, I remember when Mike Yeagle was coaching at Beechwood and they were on their dynasty run at a game down at state people were bashing him! The man won almost 90% if not 90% of his games and people still found something to complain about. That's the life these coaches choose to lead though. It's a shame too because Dale has done a tremendous job in Ft. Thomas.

They drove him out of the job, well were a major reason for it. Crazy parents and supporters can really ruin a good thing. It is ok to be undefeated and not win every game by 60 pts. This team has been one of Mueller's best jobs, in my opinion.

I will disagree w/ this. Ryle is not as good as the team that faced Highlands at the beginning of the year, unless they got some of their injured starters back. They'll play a full four quarters, but I don't see this being a better challenge than the one that Withrow or CovCath offered.

I am not aware of their starters being out so you may have a point if they are undermanned. However, I think the Raiders will be jacked up playing at home and knowing that they had a chance in that first game. They also may feel that the Birds are not running on all cylinders and have injuries also so it could be a good opportunity for them to steal a win here at the end of the season. Regardless, I think Dale will have the Birds very focused for this matchup and Towles will be the Key to this game.

But seriously, is the talk of the "usual suspects" worthy of starting a thread? And do the usual suspects constitute the "Highlands contingent" you referenced in the initial post?

Birds need to tighten up on some things that I won't discuss, but if they do so, we'll be fine.

Not sure how or why Dale got brought into the thread because I haven't seen one post saying any thing negative about him or his coaches. They've pointed out to the players what needs to be tightened up and it's up to the players to do so.

Threads like these serve as a refocusing tool for those who need it.

I don't think the vast majority of loyal Bird fans have become critical or complacent about the team. This winning streak has been a fun ride, which no one wants to end. So, naturally we're going to be a little concerned each week that someone will come along and trip us up. It's not so much a lack of faith in the team, as it is a healthy respect for our opponents and an awareness that anyone can win if you let down your guard.

They are no big secrets here, that can only be whispered among those who feel "close to the program." The trials this team have faced and the areas they need to tighten up are obvious to anyone who has followed them, even casually. They just need to keep on doing what their coaches tell them, fix what needs fixing, and play like the champions they want to be. This group of Bluebirds has to recognize that they stand on the shoulders of those who came before, but it's up to them to lift up the trophy for the next group that comes along.